Conversion between motor speed 0-10 and degrees per second?

grudolph

Aug 15, 2008, 11:12:26 AM8/15/08
to Systronix TrackBot
With the understanding that the actual speed of a robot depends upon
the surface being traversed, is there a conversion between the speeds
0-10 and speed in degrees per second?

I could try and determine these empirically, for the specific
environment my robots are running in,
but I'm looking for ideal values.

Bruce Boyes

Aug 15, 2008, 11:52:30 AM8/15/08
to trac...@googlegroups.com

The next release of TrackBot firmware will have odometry implemented
which will address your request. This should be released in August,
perhaps as early as in the next week. There will be a Java class and
examples of how to use this count and convert to distance or
distance/second in SI or other units.

best regards

Bruce

------- WWW.SYSTRONIX.COM ----------
Real embedded Java and much more
+1-801-534-1017 Salt Lake City, USA

grudolph

Aug 15, 2008, 5:09:28 PM8/15/08
to Systronix TrackBot

> The next release of TrackBot firmware will have odometry implemented
> which will address your request. This should be released in August,
> perhaps as early as in the next week. There will be a Java class and
> examples of how to use this count and convert to distance or
> distance/second in SI or other units.

I knew it was coming from your previous response.
I just wanted to create a software counter in the mean time.

Bruce Boyes

Aug 19, 2008, 5:26:06 PM8/19/08
to trac...@googlegroups.com

At the moment we don't have those values, in part because they may
change when we add closed-loop speed control (which will compensate
for battery voltage variation).

best regards

Bruce

grudolph

Aug 20, 2008, 10:11:02 AM8/20/08
to Systronix TrackBot

> At the moment we don't have those values, in part because they may
> change when we add closed-loop speed control (which will compensate
> for battery voltage variation).

Closed-loop speed control will be a nice feature--I won't
have to compensate for the battery at the "application" level. :)