VS 2010?

Josh Santangelo

Feb 23, 2012, 3:26:34 PM2/23/12
to Trac Explorer
Hi there -- I'm wondering about the status of this project. It doesn't
look like there has been an update in quite some time, and it also
looks like it doesn't support the current version of VS.

Is that true, or can I just not figure out how to display the window
in VS?

thanks,
-josh

Jan

Feb 23, 2012, 4:26:19 PM2/23/12
to Trac Explorer
We just have some new project memebers. And Sven already prepared the
VS2010 support.

So there will come some news hopefully next...

Jan

Sven Rütz

Feb 24, 2012, 10:04:08 AM2/24/12
to tracex...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I upgraded the projects for VS2010 and built installer files. As this is my
first distribution to a sourceforge project please tell me if I did sth.
wrong ;) You can get the current installer here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/vstrac/files/TracExplorer/v0.2.1%20beta/

Changes were:
+ conversion of the project to a VS2010 solution
+ TracExplorer support for Visual Studio 2010

Ciao,

Sven

Feb 24, 2012, 3:52:47 PM2/24/12
to tracex...@googlegroups.com
I ran the installer, but I don't see it in VS under the add-in manager, and am not sure how to open up the related tool window. Is there something else I need to do to make it appear?

--
s t i m u l a n t
Josh Santangelo, Technical Director

Sven Rütz

Feb 25, 2012, 5:37:42 PM2/25/12
to tracex...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

could you send me your system configuration?

- OS
- TortoiseSvn version
- x64 or x86?

Josh Santangelo

Feb 25, 2012, 5:43:08 PM2/25/12
to tracex...@googlegroups.com
It's just Windows 7 x64 (fully patched), and the latest TortroiseSVN.

I was able to add the trac provider to SVN and browse tickets from the commit dialog so that's pretty cool, but what I really want is a ticket browser in VS.

Happy to test out any builds if you need.

--
s t i m u l a n t
Josh Santangelo, Technical Director
P 206 737 5601 / M 206 229 5674 / F 815 550 1203 / W http://stimulant.io

Sven Rütz

Feb 27, 2012, 3:59:32 AM2/27/12
to tracex...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

did you try both installers x64 and x86?

Steve Celius

Feb 27, 2012, 7:11:48 AM2/27/12
to tracex...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm having the same problem.

I tried the 32-bit installation, but it refuses to install:
TracExplorer installation on a 64-bit operation system
requires the 64­bit TracExplorer installation package.
Please get the 64­bit installer and try again.

Running Win7 64bit, and Visual Studio with version and plugins shown below:
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
Version 10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.0.30319 SP1Rel

Installed Version: Professional
Microsoft Visual C# 2010
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Team Explorer
Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2010
Add Reference Dialog Plus!   1.0
AlignAssignments   1.0
AutoBraceComplete   1.0
CodeRush for Visual Studio   11.2
Crystal Reports Templates for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
DXCore for Visual Studio   11.2
EPiServer Language Extenstion   1.0
Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional - ENU (KB2522890)   KB2522890
Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional - ENU (KB2529927)   KB2529927
Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional - ENU (KB2548139)   KB2548139
Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional - ENU (KB2549864)   KB2549864
Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional - ENU (KB2565057)   KB2565057
Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional - ENU (KB2635973)   KB2635973
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional - ENU Service Pack 1 (KB983509)   KB983509
Microsoft.VisualStudio.QuickAccess.Package   1.0
NuGet Package Manager   1.6.21215.9133
OptionsPageImpl   1.0
QuickFind   1.0
Refactor! for Visual Studio   11.2
Tabs Studio 2010 Helper   1.0.6
VisualSVN   2.5.1
Tabs Studio
VMDebugger

I cannot find any traces of TracExplorer in Visual Studio 2010. I also got Visual Studio 2008 installed side by side with VS 2010. Maybe that is a problem? I can see that TracExplorer is installed in VS 2008 (and I'm pretty sure I did not have that there from a previous installation.)

Josh, do you have VS2008 installed too?

Best Regards,
Steve Celius
27. februar 2012 09:59
25. februar 2012 23:43
It's just Windows 7 x64 (fully patched), and the latest TortroiseSVN.

I was able to add the trac provider to SVN and browse tickets from the commit dialog so that's pretty cool, but what I really want is a ticket browser in VS.

Happy to test out any builds if you need.

--
s t i m u l a n t
Josh Santangelo, Technical Director
P 206 737 5601 / M 206 229 5674 / F 815 550 1203 / W http://stimulant.io

Sven Rütz

Feb 27, 2012, 7:26:11 AM2/27/12
to tracex...@googlegroups.com

I found the problem, I forgot to patch a file in the project. The installers are updated and should work now.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/vstrac/files/TracExplorer/

Thank you for the reports,

Sven

Steve Celius