Server committed a protocol violation, Section=ResponseStatusLine

gea...@assystemuk.com

Jan 22, 2016, 2:55:40 PM1/22/16
to Trac Explorer
Hello,

I am struggling to get TracExplorer up and running, as each time I select Choose Tickets on the TortoiseSVN commit dialog, I get the aforementioned error (see attachment).

The configuration is as follows:
- Windows 7 64-bit
- Python 2.7
- Trac 1.0.9
- XML-RPC Plugin at svn revision 15151
- TracExplorer 0.2-1 x64
- TortoiseSVN 1.8.12, Build 26645 - 64 Bit , 2015/08/02 15:51:39
- Subversion 1.8.14

The AccountManagerPlugin is not installed, and I am using the local trace server, via tracd --basic-auth (and so have set up the TortoiseSVN integration using basic authentication).

Testing the XML-RPC Plugin directly from Python seems to work okay, such as the example to "List all tickets that are owned by athomas, using the XML-RPC multicall system to issue multiple RPC calls with one HTTP request" at https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/XmlRpcPlugin.

Please advise.  I have looked at the one previous example of a protocol violation discussion thread (from 2008) but it hasn't helped.

Thanks.

TracExplorer protocol violation error.png

Mladen Mihajlovic

Jan 26, 2016, 2:10:41 AM1/26/16
to Trac Explorer, gea...@assystemuk.com
Hi Gearle

I haven't worked on TracExplorer in a long time but I have moved the source over to https://github.com/TracExplorer/TracExplorer if you'd like to have a look. As far as I can see from http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2482715/the-server-committed-a-protocol-violation-section-responsestatusline-error this error can be cause by many different things, some of them coming from the server, so maybe just double check all server settings, and if that doesn't help maybe (like one of the suggestions in the post) try use fiddler to see the messages to see what might be the violation.