TortoiseSVN ticket selection doesn't work

Oliver B

Mar 10, 2010, 2:42:32 AM3/10/10
to Trac Explorer
Hello,

I'm not able to view tickets from inside TortoiseSVN.

When I try to get the tickets TracExplorer gives me the result "Error
refreshing. Please check server connection and try again". I'm sure
that the server is up and running. The xmlrpc plugin is installed and
I'm also able to do the initial setup and to connect to the trac
server.

I use an authorized connection using an admin account with trac-admin
rights.

The Trac log shows me the following:

2010-03-10 08:32:55,289 Trac[main] DEBUG: Dispatching <Request "POST
u'/login/xmlrpc'">
2010-03-10 08:32:55,382 Trac[web_ui] DEBUG: RPC(xml) call by 'adm',
method 'ticket.query' with args: ('status!=non_existant_status',)
2010-03-10 08:32:55,444 Trac[query] DEBUG: Count results in Query: 6
2010-03-10 08:32:55,460 Trac[query] DEBUG: Query SQL: SELECT t.id AS
id,t.summary AS summary,t.status AS status,t.owner AS owner,t.type AS
type,t.priority AS priority,t.milestone AS milestone,t.time AS
time,t.changetime AS changetime,priority.value AS priority_value
FROM ticket AS t
LEFT OUTER JOIN enum AS priority ON (priority.type='priority' AND
priority.name=priority)
WHERE COALESCE(t.status,'')!='non_existant_status'
ORDER BY COALESCE(priority.value,'')='',CAST(priority.value AS
int),t.id
2010-03-10 08:32:55,460 Trac[web_ui] DEBUG: RPC(xml) 'ticket.query'
result: ([2, 3, 4, 1, 5, 6],)

I assume that this is a valid information as actually 6 tickets are
included, however there are not shown in the ticket viewer of the
TracExplorer.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Oliver

RjOllos

Mar 11, 2010, 1:42:09 AM3/11/10
to Trac Explorer
It would probably be useful to try to connect to a public Trac server
(e.g. trac-hacks.org, which does work for me). If that works, then
its likely a server side issue.

- Ryan

Oliver B

Mar 11, 2010, 3:35:00 AM3/11/10
to Trac Explorer
Hello Ryan,

I'm beyond a proxy and can't connect to an outside public Trac server.
The TortoiseSVN proxy settings seems not to be considered by
TracExplorer as it asks for the proxy connections.

Therefore I used a local (127.0.0.1) Trac server with the same
project. This try was succesfull so I tried the external server again.
The curious thing is that this time it worked. However it seems to be
that it sometimes have problems to connect. When the ticket selection
opens the first time I get an error that the connection was closed. If
I do multiple refresh it works afterwards.

Any further ideas?

Oliver

Mladen Mihajlovic

Mar 23, 2010, 8:38:04 AM3/23/10
to Trac Explorer
Try remove your proxy configuration from the IE options and see if
that helps.

Oliver B

Mar 24, 2010, 5:15:24 AM3/24/10
to Trac Explorer
Thanks for the hint. It works somehow a little bit better now. However
sometimes it took multiple refreshs to get a result. In the case where
it does not work I receive an error message, like "The underlying
connection was closed: Unknown error while receiving."