VS2008 Integration

credondo

Mar 3, 2010, 9:05:57 PM3/3/10
to Trac Explorer
Hi guys,
Today has been a great day. I have this Subversion and TRAC
integration project on my pending task list almost 2 months ago, and
finally I was able to find out a break between my daily work and have
it done. I started with a Clean Windows XP Virtual PC image and I
installed VS2008, AnkhSVN, SVN Server 1.6.9, Python 2.6 (along with a
set of plugins and packages that I, little by little, installed) ,
TRAC 0.11.1 and after a multiples retries (install/uninstall/reinstall/
re-re-re-uninstall and so on) I was able to have TRAC and SVN
integrated. The last process I'm running with, is to integrate TRAC
with VS2008. I research on Internet and I found that Trac Explorer is
the solution, but I wondering if maybe I'm wrong with the idea of
VS2008 Integration I expect. I installed TracExplorer PlugIn and
XMLRPC package as well, and now using VS2008 TracExplorer I can see my
TRAC server, so far so good, but I wondering if TracExplorer
integration also can be use to close issues. So developers could
access VS2008, load the solution, perform the source code
modifications and when they feel they are ready for check-in (Commit)
changes on SVN they could also use the "Issues" panel to mark all
issues as fixed. Is that possible with Trac Explorer ?

Regards,
Carlos..

RjOllos

Mar 4, 2010, 1:34:47 AM3/4/10
to Trac Explorer

On Mar 3, 6:05 pm, credondo <credondo.qui...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wondering if TracExplorer
> integration also can be use to close issues.  So developers could
> access VS2008, load the solution, perform the source code
> modifications and when they feel they are ready for check-in (Commit)
> changes on SVN they could also use the "Issues" panel to mark all
> issues as fixed.  Is that possible with Trac Explorer ?

I'm not sure since I only use the TortoiseSVN integration, however
another way to accomplish this is using the `trac-post-commit-hook`.
You can add e.g. Fixes #100 in the log message to close ticket #100.
There is also a `trac-pre-commit-hook` to enforce the use of a ticket
reference in a commit to the specified path(s).