FROM atscript or ES6?

Blake McBride

Feb 25, 2015, 4:14:24 PM2/25/15
to traceur-comp...@googlegroups.com
I don't get it:

From Traceur site: Traceur is a JavaScript.next-to-JavaScript-of-today compiler
From atscript-playground site:  Traceur Transpiles AtScript code into regular ES5

Does Traceur start with ES6, Atscript, or are they the same?
Thanks for the clarification!
Blake McBride

Erik Arvidsson

Feb 25, 2015, 4:15:53 PM2/25/15
to traceur-comp...@googlegroups.com
Traceur supports ES6, some ES7 features as well as some AtScript features.
> --

erik

Blake McBride

Feb 25, 2015, 4:56:22 PM2/25/15
to traceur-comp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for you response!  If you could answer a few other simple questions, I'd really appreciate it:

1.  Is Traceur the primary or only AtScript compiler?

2.  Does Traceur support ES6, ES7, and AtScript via a compiler switch or or is it just the addition of all of the features you mentioned?

(The answers may lead to some additional short question but I will be as brief as possible.  Thank you.)

Thanks you!

Blake

--
erik

Erik Arvidsson

Feb 25, 2015, 5:00:58 PM2/25/15
On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 4:56 PM, Blake McBride <blak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Is Traceur the primary or only AtScript compiler?

I'm not sure what you mean here?

> 2. Does Traceur support ES6, ES7, and AtScript via a compiler switch or or
> is it just the addition of all of the features you mentioned?

We have options for each individual feature but we also have a meta
option for atscript which enables the individual features atscript
uses.

--
erik

Blake McBride

Feb 25, 2015, 5:13:04 PM2/25/15

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 4:00:58 PM UTC-6, Erik Arvidsson wrote:
On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 4:56 PM, Blake McBride <blak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1.  Is Traceur the primary or only AtScript compiler?

I'm not sure what you mean here?

Some group (Google?) is developing AtScript.  AtScript (I suppose) is a language definition.  Is the implementation that the AtScript development group is using Taceur, or do they have another implementation?

Thanks!

Erik Arvidsson

Feb 25, 2015, 5:18:18 PM2/25/15
to traceur-comp...@googlegroups.com
The primary implementation was done in Traceur but I think there are
plans to do similar things to Closure Compiler and TypeScript but I'll
let those teams speak for that (don't take my word on it).

Blake McBride

Feb 25, 2015, 5:29:44 PM2/25/15
to traceur-comp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.  I understand now.  Appreciate the help!