for (let i of new F) {} not valid syntax?

raul.m...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2015, 8:27:52 AM2/18/15
to traceur-comp...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

If I write

<code>
class C {
* [Symbol.iterator]() {
yield 1;
yield 2;
yield 3;
    }

for (let i of new C) {
console.log(i);
}
</code>

without adding the parentheses where I'm calling new C, I get "undefined is not a function".

The same if I write

<code>
function F() {
return (function *() {
yield 1;
yield 2;
})();
}

for (let i of new F) {
console.log(i);
}
</code>

If I add the parentheses it's OK.

Is the syntax without parentheses wrong in for-of?

Thank you,
Raul

raul.m...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2015, 9:10:09 AM2/18/15
to traceur-comp...@googlegroups.com
I see that in FF, the second example works, but I don't know how up to date FF is.

Erik Arvidsson

Feb 18, 2015, 10:10:21 AM2/18/15
to traceur-comp...@googlegroups.com
This is a bug in Traceur. We need to add parens.

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 9:10 AM, <raul.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I see that in FF, the second example works, but I don't know how up to date
> FF is.
>
> --

erik

Erik Arvidsson