Custom Workflows: showworkflow on Windows

Chris

May 2, 2008, 2:07:09 PM5/2/08
to Trac Users
What is needed to run the showworkflow script on Windows? It looks
like a Linux script, but then again I'm not too sure.

al...@or-media.com

May 2, 2008, 1:03:48 PM5/2/08
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
I am out of the office on leave, returning on Weds 7th May.

If your enquiry is urgent please contact t...@or-media.com

Alex

al...@or-media.com

May 2, 2008, 1:04:15 PM5/2/08
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

al...@or-media.com

May 2, 2008, 1:04:57 PM5/2/08
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

al...@or-media.com

May 2, 2008, 1:05:16 PM5/2/08
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

al...@or-media.com

May 2, 2008, 1:05:40 PM5/2/08
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

al...@or-media.com

May 2, 2008, 1:05:58 PM5/2/08
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

al...@or-media.com

May 2, 2008, 1:06:26 PM5/2/08
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

al...@or-media.com

May 2, 2008, 1:07:00 PM5/2/08
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

al...@or-media.com

May 2, 2008, 1:07:23 PM5/2/08
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

al...@or-media.com

May 2, 2008, 1:07:47 PM5/2/08
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

Scott Bussinger

May 2, 2008, 5:00:33 PM5/2/08
to Trac Users
Oddly enough I _just_ played with this on a Windows box today. The
showworkflow script isn't useful as it's linux specific, but it's
really just a shell around some python code and that code works just
fine on Windows as far as I can tell. Here's what I did:

1) Installed the Windows version of Graphviz to the machine (http://
www.graphviz.org/Download_windows.php)
2) Copied workflow_parser.py from the Trac source contrib directory
to C:\python25\scripts
3) Opened a command prompt window in C:\python25\scripts
4) Ran "workflow_parser.py c:\pathtotrac\conf\trac.ini >workflow.dot"
5) Ran "dot -T png <workflow.dot >workflow.png"

Obviously you could make a small batch file around the last 3 steps to
automate the process. In the end I had a nice pretty picture in
workflow.png. It's sideways for some reason, so I just right clicked
on it in Windows Explorer and rotated it.

Chris

May 3, 2008, 12:11:19 PM5/3/08
to Trac Users
Scott, thanks for the heads up! I will give this a try on Monday when
I'm at work. I already have GraphViz installed. It was just the script
that had me hung up.