Ticket Action listboxes contain names removed from registered accounts

Rick Macdonald

Feb 25, 2024, 8:25:42 PMFeb 25
to Trac Users
I'm using Trac 1.4.3.

I found a bunch of garbage accounts in the admin/accounts/users list. I
determined they exist because I hadn't disabled the "Register" button on
the main Trac page. Oops.

I deleted them directly from my .httpasswd file, only because it was
faster than one at a time in the Admin interface.

The accounts are gone from the admin/accounts/users list, but they still
show up in the Action listboxes when modifying tickets.  For example, in
change_owner, reassign.

My Trac instance runs as a daemon from the command line as I don't have
access to apache2 where the site is hosted. I killed and restarted
tracd, but that didn't help.

Maybe the names remain visible because I didn't remove them with the
Admin interface? How do I clear out those listboxes?

Thanks!

Dan

Feb 25, 2024, 8:36:50 PMFeb 25
to Trac Users
One way might to remove the session information of those users using trac-admin.  I've done it.  There may also be a plugin that can manage them.

- Dan