Fighting Trac Spam - To all those interested

Pedro Algarvio, aka, s0undt3ch

Sep 13, 2006, 10:27:59 PM9/13/06
to Trac Users
To all those interested, there's a wonderfull recipe to fight trac
spam, which was posted by "otaku42" on the madwifi.org trac env.

Here's the wonderfull reading link:
http://madwifi.org/wiki/FightingTracSpam

Link info is also now available on:
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/SpamFilter#FurterReadingAlternateSolution

Michael Renzmann

Sep 14, 2006, 1:52:42 AM9/14/06
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

> To all those interested, there's a wonderfull recipe to fight trac
> spam, which was posted by "otaku42" on the madwifi.org trac env.

Which reminds me that I urgently should update the filter rules in the
wiki to match those we actually use now on madwifi.org. :) There have been
some minor changes, and one addition is still waiting to be done.

Bye, Mike

Pedro Algarvio, aka, s0undt3ch

Sep 14, 2006, 11:15:04 AM9/14/06
to Trac Users

Michael Renzmann wrote:
> Which reminds me that I urgently should update the filter rules in the
> wiki to match those we actually use now on madwifi.org. :) There have been
> some minor changes, and one addition is still waiting to be done.
>
> Bye, Mike

Yeah, those changes would be awsome too ;)

Michael Renzmann

Sep 14, 2006, 9:17:53 PM9/14/06
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

Pedro Algarvio, aka, s0undt3ch wrote:
>> Which reminds me that I urgently should update the filter rules in the
>> wiki to match those we actually use now on madwifi.org. :) There have been
>> some minor changes, and one addition is still waiting to be done.

> Yeah, those changes would be awsome too ;)

I updated the rule set yesterday, it's now v7.

Another thing I have in my queue is a patch for mod_security. The patch
introduces new instructions "audit" and "noaudit", allowing (similar to
log/nolog) to define which requests are written into the audit log file.
This way you can prevent that the audit log is bloated with unrelated
requests, which is useful to keep an eye on the latest "inventions" from
Trac spammers.

This is not exactly related to Trac, but might still be interesting for
some. The patch is working fine for madwifi.org so far, but has been
tested only with the rather old mod_security version that is available
on Debian Sarge.

If you are interested, please contact me off-list.

Bye, Mike