Edit ticket comments

ONeal Freeman

Sep 30, 2021, 8:19:52 AM9/30/21
to Trac Users
I am running 1.2.2 on a windows 2012 server using apache webserver with a sqlite backend. All users have ticket_edit_comment permissions but nobody can edit ticket comments. In my last version there was an Edit button over each comment but that is no longer the case. Am I missing a a plugin or do I have a configuration setting wrong.
  Thanks in advance for helping.

RjOllos

Oct 2, 2021, 3:00:54 PM10/2/21
to Trac Users
On Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 5:19:52 AM UTC-7 ofree...@gmail.com wrote:
I am running 1.2.2 on a windows 2012 server using apache webserver with a sqlite backend. All users have ticket_edit_comment permissions but nobody can edit ticket comments. In my last version there was an Edit button over each comment but that is no longer the case. Am I missing a a plugin or do I have a configuration setting wrong.
  Thanks in advance for helping.

My first guess is that you didn't refresh the static resources after upgrade:

Ryan

ONeal Freeman

Nov 5, 2021, 12:15:45 PM11/5/21
to Trac Users
The instructions are:  $ trac-admin /path/to/env deploy /deploy/path.

I am confused on exactly how to use that command.

Because of the convenience  I installed my trac using Bitnami.

I assume that my env path is where the files physically reside,  e:\trac\helpdesk\.

The Bitnami files are in:  E:\Bitnami\trac-1.2.2-2\

Can you provide some additional guidance on using the cmd please.

RjOllos

Nov 8, 2021, 11:55:47 PM11/8/21
to Trac Users
On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 12:15:45 PM UTC-4 ofree...@gmail.com wrote:
The instructions are:  $ trac-admin /path/to/env deploy /deploy/path.

I am confused on exactly how to use that command.

Because of the convenience  I installed my trac using Bitnami.

I assume that my env path is where the files physically reside,  e:\trac\helpdesk\.

The Bitnami files are in:  E:\Bitnami\trac-1.2.2-2\

Can you provide some additional guidance on using the cmd please.

If Bitnami has configured the web server to serve static resources there will be alias directives in the Apache virtual server files, like in this example:

Jun Omae

Nov 9, 2021, 1:15:13 AM11/9/21
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 9:19 PM ONeal Freeman <ofree...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am running 1.2.2 on a windows 2012 server using apache webserver with a sqlite backend. All users have ticket_edit_comment permissions but nobody can edit ticket comments. In my last version there was an Edit button over each comment but that is no longer the case. Am I missing a a plugin or do I have a configuration setting wrong.

I think the configuration has something wrong....
Please share the following:

- Result of "permission export" command in trac-admin $ENV
- Result of "permission list <existent-user>" command in trac-admin $ENV
- "System Information" and "Installed Plugins" in about page of your Trac

--
Jun Omae <jun...@gmail.com> (大前 潤)