linked drop-down lists to the creation of a new ticket,

Morsi Masmoudi

Sep 6, 2021, 12:24:14 PM9/6/21
to Trac Users
Hello, I want to add linked drop-down lists (5 lists) to the creation of a new ticket, for example I chose a theme in the first list and in the 2nd list I will only have the sub-themes of the chosen theme, even thing for the 3rd, 4th and 5th list. I can't find how to do this when creating or editing a ticket. Thanks for your help (the installed version is 1.2.2)

RjOllos

Sep 6, 2021, 12:31:15 PM9/6/21
to Trac Users
On Monday, September 6, 2021 at 9:24:14 AM UTC-7 Morsi Masmoudi wrote:
Hello, I want to add linked drop-down lists (5 lists) to the creation of a new ticket, for example I chose a theme in the first list and in the 2nd list I will only have the sub-themes of the chosen theme, even thing for the 3rd, 4th and 5th list. I can't find how to do this when creating or editing a ticket. Thanks for your help (the installed version is 1.2.2)

You'll need to use a plugin such as:

Ryan

Morsi Masmoudi

Sep 7, 2021, 12:32:47 PM9/7/21
to Trac Users
Thank you, i will try it and tell you the result.

Morsi Masmoudi

Sep 9, 2021, 4:27:42 AM9/9/21
to Trac Users
After installing the plugin (Windows enviroment) i cant find " Chained Fields" on Admin to edit the configuration.

Is ther any other method to edit configuration for chained Fields or how to add "Chained Fields" to Admin ?

Thanks.

RjOllos

Sep 9, 2021, 12:20:48 PM9/9/21
to Trac Users
On Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 1:27:42 AM UTC-7 Morsi Masmoudi wrote:
After installing the plugin (Windows enviroment) i cant find " Chained Fields" on Admin to edit the configuration.

Is ther any other method to edit configuration for chained Fields or how to add "Chained Fields" to Admin ?

Thanks.

You may need to grant the TCF_ADMIN permission. It should probably be changed to TICKET_ADMIN or TRAC_ADMIN. I don't see why a special permission is necessary.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please check that it is loading:

Morsi Masmoudi

Sep 10, 2021, 9:14:38 AM9/10/21
to Trac Users
Hello, thank you very much for your help. My answer will be a bit long but to be able to explain in detail what I did and to be able to find the error and help me solve the problem.

I tried to add the TCF_ADMIN  permission  but not found a way to do it, then I tried to see the log but , no output log file, Of cours the log is active in trac.ini.

log.png

I then uninstalled the plugin to redo the whole procedure (i restart apache afer removing the .egg file and all lines in trac.ini concerning your plugin)

Step 1: Download the .zip and unzip it on the Windows server.
Step 2: Copy python.exe (2.7) into folder of plugin

p1.png
step3: Generate the .egg with the command "python setup.py bdist_egg"

p2.png

step 4: copy the generated egg file to the trac instance's plugin directory

p3.png

Step 5: adding lines to trac.ini file (tcf.* = enabled on [components], [tcf].... and [ticket-custom])

Step 6: Restart apache

the log directory is empty. and still no configuration in the admin :(

p4.png

Thank you in advance for your help.

RjOllos

Sep 10, 2021, 5:04:38 PM9/10/21
to Trac Users
On Friday, September 10, 2021 at 6:14:38 AM UTC-7 Morsi Masmoudi wrote:
[...]

Step 2 is odd. You want Python.exe on your system path rather than copying it.

Your log_format line is incorrect. Just delete that line from trac.ini so that the default value is used. And set "log_type = file" rather than none. You should have a non-empty log after doing that and restarting the webserver.

Ryan