Whiteboard plugin broken for Trac 1.x

Florian Berger

Jan 22, 2024, 9:05:47 AMJan 22
to Trac Users
Hi,

my team is requesting an interactive Kanban/Scrum board view. Trac hacks has quite some options
available in principle, but only the Whiteboard [1] plugin does what I would need.

[1] https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/WhiteboardPlugin

However, as with many plugins, it is very old, and probably has never been updated to even work with
Trac 1.x .

Then again, since it merely seems to be an UI for some fairly basic ticket operations, I thought it
might still work well – but alas, there is an import error when loading the plugin. I have created a
ticket for the error: https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/14313

My questions:

1) Are there any current users of the Whiteboard plugin?
2) Does anyone connect Trac to any sort of Kanban/Scrum board, and if so, which one?

I am aware that Joerg asked more or less the same question 5 years back, and, as it looks, never got
a reply:

On 26.02.19 09:38, Joerg Pleumann wrote:

> What are our options for "Kanban-like" whiteboards? We have tried four, but
> neither of them works the way we'd like it to.
> [...]
> 4) https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/WhiteboardPlugin cannot be installed. Error
> in the log is "ImportError: No module named whiteboard.web_ui".

Cheers

Florian

Dan

Jan 22, 2024, 10:43:00 AMJan 22
to Trac Users
My team is using the cards plugin.  It doesn't do ticket operations automatically, but I thought it was pretty generic.  We usually end up with a ticket query in each card.

https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/CardsPlugin

Over the years I have made some patches for plugins and ported some to 1.6, but I'm not sure how much time I would have right now to delve into the issue.  It seems the older I get the busier I am lol.

Take care.

- Dan