trac and authentication

Stuart Cracraft

Aug 29, 2013, 4:24:34 PM8/29/13
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
After reading the documentation, I have been unable to get trac to authenticate in
any reasonable way, i.e. be able to login to it.

When I go to the ...../trac/login screen by pressing the login button, it gives:

  Trac Error
  Authentication information not available. Please refer to the installation documentation.

But nothing there helps, as far as I can say.

So, what's the trick tracers?

--Stuart

Steffen Hoffmann

Aug 29, 2013, 5:04:40 PM8/29/13
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

Stuart Cracraft

Aug 30, 2013, 7:29:01 PM8/30/13
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Great.

Worked:

/home/trac/trac.ini:
[account-manager]
htpasswd_hash_type = md5
htpasswd_file = /home/trac/trac.htpasswd
password_store = HtPasswdStore

[components]
acct_mgr.* = enabled

Cool.