Help Link/Tooltip for Ticket Fields

Nick

Feb 26, 2017, 10:32:45 PM2/26/17
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
We have specific definitions for our Priority and Severity levels in
order to help keep everyone aligned on classifying tickets. We'd like
to have some way for users to see/get those definitions when creating or
modifying a ticket.

Ideally we'd like this in 2 ways:
1. A tooltip when the user hovers over the Priority or Severity label.
2. A link in/near the Priority and Severity label which takes the user
to the Wiki page with the full definitions.

We're using Trac 1.2.

Is this possible today? If not I'd appreciate suggestions on how to
make it happen.

TIA.

-Nick

RjOllos

Feb 26, 2017, 11:42:54 PM2/26/17
to Trac Users, nos...@codesniffer.com

FieldTooltipPlugin (1) may be close to what you are looking for. You'll need to apply a patch (2) to get it working with Trac 1.2.

- Ryan

(1) https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/FieldTooltipPlugin
(2) https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/13033#comment:3

Nick

Mar 2, 2017, 1:29:29 AM3/2/17
to Trac Users, RjOllos

On Sun, 2017-02-26 at 20:42 -0800, RjOllos wrote:

> FieldTooltipPlugin (1) may be close to what you are looking for.
> You'll need to apply a patch (2) to get it working with Trac 1.2.
>
> - Ryan
>
> (1) https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/FieldTooltipPlugin
> (2) https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/13033#comment:3

Thanks for the quick and helpful info. FYI to anyone else looking for
this capability, https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/9648 is another
option.

RjOllos

Mar 6, 2017, 8:55:50 PM3/6/17
to Trac Users, rjo...@gmail.com, nos...@codesniffer.com
That patch is #9648 needs to be rebased on 1.2-stable or trunk. If anyone does that, please attach the revised patch to #9648. I think we could consider adding the tooltips property to Trac ticket fields and worry about translating those tooltips later on.

- Ryan

RjOllos

Mar 25, 2017, 6:56:14 PM3/25/17
to Trac Users, nos...@codesniffer.com

FieldTooltipPlugin version 0.7 is compatible with Trac 1.2

- Ryan