Full-width wiki by default?

Martin

Jun 19, 2024, 11:49:32 AM (10 days ago) Jun 19
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Dears,

by default the screen real estate is not fully used with Trac 1.6. It
seems, that none of my users want that, but nobody found the setting in

Preferences ⇒ User Interface ⇒ Show wiki pages in full-width by default.

Or they are too lazy to change that ;-) I'ld love to have full-width by
default on my instance(s). Is there a globel setting for that?

TIA!

RjOllos

Jun 19, 2024, 11:58:58 PM (10 days ago) Jun 19
to Trac Users
I recall this came up previously:

Depending on how you are creating your users, it might be simple to run the query at the time you create the user.

We could potentially add a global default, but our preference has been to try to avoid having too many configuration options.

Martin

Jun 20, 2024, 3:40:48 AM (10 days ago) Jun 20
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On 2024-06-19 20:58, RjOllos wrote:
> I recall this came up previously:
> https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/13232#comment:6

Yes, that's exactly what I actually did with the existing users :-)
Didn't know, that there were a ticket about it.

> Depending on how you are creating your users, it might be simple to run the query at the time you create the user.

So far, I do this manually and it is half-broken in my setup.
Yet another incentive to clean up my process!

> We could potentially add a global default, but our preference has been to try to avoid having too many configuration options.

Sure. Maybe as a plugin, so that it does not clutter trac itself?
Anyway, an automatic "INSERT INTO" after account creation should do it.

Thanks & Cheers