Upgrading from 1.4.3 to 1.5.x

Tidbit Software

Jan 7, 2022, 1:54:29 AMJan 7
to Trac Users
I have an existing 1.4.3 installation on Ubuntu 20.04 that was working well and used Apache 2.4 + mod_wsgi as a server. Unfortunately, I needed to update to libapache2-mod-wsgi-py3 to support a different application. I have now installed 1.5.4 from source and created a second, working installation as a proof of concept. Now, I'm wondering what the best way to transfer the config and wiki content from the original installation to the new one. Luckily, the original installation is sparsely populated and I do not have any additional plugins installed to it.

RjOllos

Jan 7, 2022, 2:30:53 AMJan 7
to Trac Users
On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 10:54:29 PM UTC-8 sup...@tidbitsoftware.com wrote:
I have an existing 1.4.3 installation on Ubuntu 20.04 that was working well and used Apache 2.4 + mod_wsgi as a server. Unfortunately, I needed to update to libapache2-mod-wsgi-py3 to support a different application. I have now installed 1.5.4 from source and created a second, working installation as a proof of concept. Now, I'm wondering what the best way to transfer the config and wiki content from the original installation to the new one. Luckily, the original installation is sparsely populated and I do not have any additional plugins installed to it.

We have some documentation that might be helpful:

Ryan

Tidbit Software

Jan 7, 2022, 4:00:05 PMJan 7
to Trac Users
Thanks, Ryan. Can confirm that I was able to backup, migrate, and upgrade with relative ease. I suspected that this process would work, but wanted to confirm in case there were any gotchas in migrating from stable to development.