re-ordering reports and queries

Christian Unger

Jun 2, 2009, 7:31:11 AM6/2/09
to Trac Users

so we have added and deleted reports over time.

and I want to put them in a certain order.

every report obviosuly got it's own report ID

now some queries show this id  under e.g. report=7

if I change this to a different number I get presented withan error like so:

Error: When specified, the report number should be "29".

even when earlier slots like 9,10,11 and so on are free trac tries to append the new report at the end of the report list rather than inserting it in the free slot which I specified in the query.

What gives?

__
cu
christian unger

kurgbe

Jun 26, 2009, 4:30:18 AM6/26/09
to Trac Users
I have the same problem: I want to put some logical order in my long
list of reports.

It would be nice if the reports had a property "Display Order" that
could be changed in the edit screen of a report.

Meanwhile, I will investigate the database schema to see how to change
the order by editing the tables.

Dan Winslow

Jun 26, 2009, 8:24:20 AM6/26/09
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
The reports are already listed in their own table. If we could embed a sql statement somewhere to generate the displayed list of reports, then we could have control over how it looks.

Actually, you probably can already do this by providing your own renderer for this admin panel, but I would have to go digging to find it. I'm no TRAC expert.

RJOllos

Jun 29, 2009, 7:31:53 PM6/29/09
to Trac Users

RJOllos

Jul 3, 2009, 2:35:37 AM7/3/09
to Trac Users
There is a plugin [1] that appears to allow reports to be re-ordered
via a web interface.

[1] http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracReportManagerPlugin