TRAC-Integration in SharePoint

Oliver Schütze

Mar 30, 2015, 1:53:07 PM3/30/15
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Hi to all,

our company uses TRAC since a long time. Now, a new Microsoft SharePoint Server has been installed and we have created a simple integration of TRAC via iFrames. Within our own company network, a single-sign-on works fine for SharePoint and TRAC. But if we access this system from outside our network, we have to authentificate twice - once for SharePoint and then for TRAC. Is there a way to re-use the SharePoint authentification within TRAC? This solution should also works with direct SVN access linke TortoiseSVN ;-)

regards,
Oliver

Ryan Ollos

Apr 1, 2015, 3:45:19 PM4/1/15
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 7:57 AM, Oliver Schütze <schu...@gmx.de> wrote:
Hi to all,

our company uses TRAC since a long time. Now, a new Microsoft SharePoint Server has been installed and we have created a simple integration of TRAC via iFrames. Within our own company network, a single-sign-on works fine for SharePoint and TRAC. But if we access this system from outside our network, we have to authentificate twice - once for SharePoint and then for TRAC. Is there a way to re-use the SharePoint authentification within TRAC? This solution should also works with direct SVN access linke TortoiseSVN ;-)

I'm not familiar with SharePoint, is it using ActiveDirectory for authentication? You may be in luck if using ActiveDirectory; I seem to recall seeing users report using ActiveDirectory authentication with Trac. Here are some resources:
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/ActiveDirectory