Python 3 subversion bindings

Tristan

Jul 5, 2021, 2:40:55 PMJul 5
to Trac Users

Hello,

I recently upgraded my Trac to the development version 1.5.3, mainly because of the Python 3.X support. Doing this caused some grief but I managed to get it working, all but the SVN support.

I know this is missing the Subversion Python bindings, this is normally provided by the Ubuntu package python-subversion but this is a Python 2.7 package. I have been trying to find a way to get these bindings installed for Python 3.X but to no avail. See the log messages below.

What would be the way to get these bindings?

2021-07-05 14:02:26,539 Trac[env] INFO: -------------------------------- environment startup [Trac 1.5.3] --------------------------------

2021-07-05 14:02:26,721 Trac[svn_fs] INFO: Failed to load Subversion bindings

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/cmd.py", line 214, in onecmd

func = getattr(self, 'do_' + cmd)

AttributeError: 'TracAdmin' object has no attribute 'do_changeset'

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/tracopt/versioncontrol/svn/svn_fs.py", line 200, in __init__

_import_svn()

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/tracopt/versioncontrol/svn/svn_fs.py", line 72, in _import_svn

from svn import fs, repos, core, delta

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'svn'

RjOllos

Jul 21, 2021, 9:37:23 PMJul 21
to Trac Users

On Monday, July 5, 2021 at 11:40:55 AM UTC-7 Tristan wrote:

Hello,

I know this is missing the Subversion Python bindings, this is normally provided by the Ubuntu package python-subversion but this is a Python 2.7 package. I have been trying to find a way to get these bindings installed for Python 3.X but to no avail. See the log messages below.

Which Ubuntu version and what is the version of Subversion provided by that Ubuntu? Worst case, you may have to build and install Subversion from source.

Ryan

Tristan

Aug 18, 2021, 1:35:14 PMAug 18
to Trac Users
Ubuntu version: 20.04
Subversion: 1.13.0-3

Someone noted that I would need 1.14 for it to support Python 3. I have yet to try to build it from source.

The joys of Python 2/3 incompatibility.