Custom fields per component

Jojo R

Aug 7, 2014, 2:21:25 AM8/7/14
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

i want to display/valid someone field when i select specific component,

anyone have good solution to do this ?

i google and found plugin "DynamicFieldsPlugin", but this plugin have no function to do this.

someone know about for more useful to do my request ?

thanks for any ideal :(

Ryan Ollos

Aug 7, 2014, 11:12:48 AM8/7/14
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
DynamicFieldsPlugin should be able to show/hide a field when a specific Component is selected. Have you tried it?
http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/DynamicFieldsPlugin#Hiderule
http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/DynamicFieldsPlugin#Validaterule
Even though the Component field is not explicitly shown in the examples does not mean that it doesn't work.

jojo

Aug 7, 2014, 10:59:22 PM8/7/14
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

my test case as following:

[ticket-custom]
test = select
test.label = Test
test.options = 1|2|3
test.order = 4
test.show_when_component= test
test.value =

the test field is invisible always :(

the "show_when_type" is useful in the same case...

BTW, my trac version is 1.0.1, and i test "DynamicFieldsPlugin" plugin
0.11 and 0.12 both, no one can set "show_when_component".

Thanks,

- Jojo

RjOllos

Aug 8, 2014, 1:21:13 PM8/8/14
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, August 7, 2014 7:59:22 PM UTC-7, Jojo R wrote:
Hi,

my test case as following:

[ticket-custom]
test = select
test.label = Test
test.options = 1|2|3
test.order = 4
test.show_when_component= test
test.value =

the test field is invisible always :(

the "show_when_type" is useful in the same case...

BTW, my trac version is 1.0.1, and i test "DynamicFieldsPlugin" plugin
0.11 and 0.12 both, no one can set "show_when_component".

Thanks,

- Jojo

The configuration you've shown works for me on Trac 1.0.2dev, for both the 0.11 and 0.12 branches of DynamicFieldsPlugin.

I suggest:
 - Try disabling all other plugins temporarily, there may be a conflict. If it works with all plugins disabled, enable them one by one to discover the plugin that DynamicFieldsPlugin conflicts with.
 - Look in the browser console for JavaScript errors.

jojo

Aug 10, 2014, 10:21:39 PM8/10/14
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Hi RjOllos,

It's good way to check this issue :(

and it's really "conflicts" problem with another plugin named "http://hg.haiku-os.org/trac-subcomponents

Maybe i need to make a decision to choice one of the both :(

Thanks,

- Jojo

RjOllos

Aug 11, 2014, 11:40:50 AM8/11/14
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday, August 10, 2014 7:21:39 PM UTC-7, Jojo R wrote:
Hi RjOllos,

It's good way to check this issue :(

and it's really "conflicts" problem with another plugin named "http://hg.haiku-os.org/trac-subcomponents

Maybe i need to make a decision to choice one of the both :(

Thanks,

- Jojo

The issue should be fixable with a change to SubcomponentsPlugin. Please try out the patch in #11913 and we can continue the discussion in that ticket.