ticket notification based on variable value

Roger Oberholtzer

Feb 14, 2023, 3:14:34 AM2/14/23
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
I have had a request from a user if they could be notified when a new
ticket is created, and a variable has a certain value. We organize our
work by groups, and it is the 'group' variable that should be
considered. The variable is one we have added.

I have been thinking that I could make a notification rule for each
group, and people could add those to their notifications. I do not
want any complex logic tracking which people are in which group.

Is there a useful tutorial on doing such a thing? I recall looking at
the Trac notification system and feeling an bit over my head. I did
not know to what some things were referring. I am a programmer, but
I'm not versed in Trac internals. But I'm up for learning. So any
pointers/suggestions are welcome!

--
Roger Oberholtzer

Dan Mahn

Feb 14, 2023, 10:43:11 AM2/14/23
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

On 2/14/2023 2:14 AM, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
> I recall looking at
> the Trac notification system and feeling an bit over my head. I did
> not know to what some things were referring. I am a programmer, but
> I'm not versed in Trac internals. But I'm up for learning. So any
> pointers/suggestions are welcome!

I updated the ticket reminder plugin last year.  It may not be the
closest plugin as an example for you, but it's one I can point you to
right now ...

https://github.com/manumitted/trac-ticketreminder

- Dan

RjOllos