[Trac] Add Option To Estimate Time Of Ticket/Milestones

Maynard Koch

Jul 11, 2022, 8:01:39 PM7/11/22
to Trac Users
Hi all,

While working on ticket #7871 (adding start date for milestones), I
realized that there is no option to estimate the time of a
ticket/milestone and save it to the DB.

It could, especially with the start date, help to measure the
performance of a project.

Example:

We start late on working on milestone X.

I now would like to know how this affects my project schedule: Do I
perform on time or late? How much longer will it probably take? Etc.

I did not find any plugins or open tickets for this feature.

The effort is probably about the same as ticket #7871.

Is there anyone else who would like to have this feature?

Cheers,

Maynard

--
Maynard Koch

Freie Universität Berlin
Internet Technologies Group, Institute of Computer Science

https://www.mi.fu-berlin.de/en/inf/groups/ilab/members/koch.html

OpenPGP_0xF9FB23FED9E68B42.asc
OpenPGP_signature

Peter Suter

Jul 12, 2022, 12:55:48 PM7/12/22
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

In Trac this is "traditionally" done using custom ticket fields and / or
plugins: https://trac-hacks.org/tags/estimation

I think it's generally agreed that such features should be completely
optional.

Cheers,
Peter