Access by invitation only

proofek

Oct 14, 2008, 3:35:07 AM10/14/08
to trac-peerreview-dev
Unfortunately because of large amount of spam I've decided to change
this group setting and grant access by invitation only. That should
limit amount of rubish being posted in here. Sorry about this
limitation, but here is no other way I can see for now to sort that
now.

Seb

sevenseeker

Oct 15, 2008, 11:33:50 AM10/15/08
to trac-peerreview-dev
Two questions:
1. Instead of invitation, isn't there a facility in place with Google
Groups to approve requests to join the group? Wouldn't this save time
over requiring someone to email you, then you send an invite, then
they join, etc.?

2. While unpleasant, would it be a good idea to kick everyone off and
then they can rejoin? Or are you going to purge the nasty spammers?