Starting up development

proofek

Apr 4, 2008, 4:28:28 AM4/4/08
to trac-peerreview-dev
Hiya everybody,

I think we're in the position now where we can start development. I
fixed all known crashes and have made it work with 0.11 version of
Trac.

The next bit is to replace clearsilver templates (and all code
related) with new shiny Genshi engine that Trac 0.11 is using.

I'll be going through source code and will make a list o required
changes. Anybody fancy to help me with that?

Next stuff is to reorganize SVN structure. It's not very flexible
right now and doesn't allow us to play with the code without releasing
it. What are your ideas? Anybody wants to take care of it. Paul?

Third stuff, more of the future development and refactoring - it would
be good to reorganize the code into functional packages - I believe
Rys and BenL might have some ideas here.

Right, so where are we? Ohh... let's get to work!

proofek

Apr 5, 2008, 10:16:45 AM4/5/08
to trac-peerreview-dev
As promised, after a quick chat with Paul we have agreed our new svn
structure. We're gonna leave the existing 0.9, 0.10 and 0.11 branches
where they are, for backwards compatibility, but at the same time I
have created standard svn directory structure, and copied 0.11 to
trunk (as our main revision) and 0.9 and 0.10 to tags.

I am going to create the first branch that will be used for
development. The idea is to use version number merged along with
codename. Because until now version 2.0dev was used I am proposing to
use version 2.1 and codename 'toddler'.

So, after all the changes our svn structure should look like this:

- 0.9
- 0.10
- 0.11
- trunk
- tags
|- 0.9
|- 0.10
- branches
| - 2.1-toddler

What do you thinks guys?

Seb

proofek

Apr 8, 2008, 7:34:24 AM4/8/08
to trac-peerreview-dev
> So, after all the changes our svn structure should look like this:
>
> - 0.9
> - 0.10
> - 0.11
> - trunk
> - tags
> |- 0.9
> |- 0.10
> - branches
> | - 2.1-toddler
>
> What do you thinks guys?
>
> Seb

I assume everybody liked that. Right! I've modified the first template
from CS to genshi. It might be an example for you guys how to pick up
the next one. It's not that hard after all.

If you're going to modify one of remaining give let me know which one
to avoid conflict and work duplication.

ta

proofek

Apr 8, 2008, 11:03:25 AM4/8/08
to trac-peerreview-dev
Hiya,

> If you're going to modify one of remaining give let me know which one
> to avoid conflict and work duplication.
>
> ta

FYI, I am picking up 'peerReviewNew.cs' now.

Seb

proofek

Apr 12, 2008, 10:36:02 AM4/12/08
to trac-peerreview-dev
Picking up peerReviewBrowser.cs as well as it is strictly related with
peerReviewNew.cs.

proofek

Apr 23, 2008, 9:00:18 AM4/23/08
to trac-peerreview-dev
Those now have been done. Feel free to pick it up and test it. It's in
the toddler 2.1-branch.
During that work i fugured out that peerReviewBrowser is kinda old
copy of original trac browser, with only a few modifications. At some
point we need to decide what to do with that - i'd like to reuse as
much as possible the original browser.py and avoid code duplication,
but if that's not possible we will have to pickup the latest version
of the browser and modify it for our purposes. Maintaining it will be
a pain in the ass thou.

Right I'm gonna pick up the next template to refactor later on today.

Seb

Sebastian Marek

Apr 23, 2008, 4:54:57 PM4/23/08
to trac-peerreview-dev
Hiya,

Right I'm gonna pick up the next template to refactor later on today.

Seb

I am picking up peerReviewMain.cs now. C'mon guys, who's next?

Regards
--
Sebastian Marek

Sebastian Marek

Apr 23, 2008, 6:08:40 PM4/23/08
to trac-peerreview-dev
Hiya

I am picking up peerReviewMain.cs now. C'mon guys, who's next?

Regards
--
Sebastian Marek

That's done now. I will pick up peerReviewView.cs next. Only 3 left...

--
Sebastian Marek

Sebastian Marek

Apr 24, 2008, 6:31:52 PM4/24/08
to trac-peerreview-dev
Yo guys,

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 11:08 PM, Sebastian Marek <pro...@gmail.com> wrote:

That's done now. I will pick up peerReviewView.cs next. Only 3 left...

--
Sebastian Marek

That's done as well. Reserving peerReviewOptions.cs. 2 to go..

--
Sebastian Marek
---

Sebastian Marek

May 31, 2008, 4:48:44 PM5/31/08
to trac-peerreview-dev
Hiya,

That's done as well. Reserving peerReviewOptions.cs. 2 to go..

Took me a while but finally done. Next peerReviewSearch.cs. Nearly there guys!

Sebastian Marek

Jun 2, 2008, 3:45:22 PM6/2/08
to trac-peerreview-dev
Hello,

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 9:48 PM, Sebastian Marek <pro...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hiya,

That's done as well. Reserving peerReviewOptions.cs. 2 to go..

Took me a while but finally done. Next peerReviewSearch.cs. Nearly there guys!

That's done too. Will convert the last one as well if there is no volunteers ;)

Sebastian Marek

Jun 3, 2008, 6:51:30 PM6/3/08
to trac-peerreview-dev

That's done too. Will convert the last one as well if there is no volunteers ;)

All done now! We've got all templates within plugin written in genshi.
Now it's time for real development.

I have to think a little bit about features that we want to implement in next releases and about completely rewritten version 3.0. Have to think about unittests too, so lots of stuff to do. Will keep you updated

Ian Jones

Jun 10, 2008, 12:15:17 PM6/10/08
to trac-peerreview-dev
peerReviewSearch doesn't seem to be completely ported to genshi for
myself. peerReviewSearch.py is old and still refers to a clearsilver
template.

http://trac-hacks.org/browser/peerreviewplugin/branches/2.1-toddler/codereview/peerReviewSearch.py?rev=3800#L90)

Does trac switch that out for us? I'm actually very curious as to how
it doesn't complain at all given there is no clearsilver template
anymore.

proofek

Jun 16, 2008, 3:43:15 AM6/16/08
to trac-peerreview-dev
Hi Ian,

On Jun 10, 5:15 pm, Ian Jones <shrt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> peerReviewSearch doesn't seem to be completely ported to genshi for
> myself. peerReviewSearch.py is old and still refers to a clearsilver
> template.
>
> http://trac-hacks.org/browser/peerreviewplugin/branches/2.1-toddler/c...)

Thanks for spotting that! I am pretty sure I've fixed that! html
template is there, just for some reason i missed the script itself.
I'll fix that ASAP.

> Does trac switch that out for us? I'm actually very curious as to how
> it doesn't complain at all given there is no clearsilver template
> anymore.

I have no idea how it works TBH. It should crash!

Somebody else has raised a ticket for that already so it won't be
forgotten.

Seb