cannot install peerreview (not picked up)

gwk

Apr 20, 2008, 9:51:31 AM4/20/08
to trac-peerreview-dev
Hi,

I installed the peer review plugin from peerreviewplugin.zip, subdir
peerreviewplugin/0.11 using 'python setup.py install'. I added

[components]
tracext.hg.* = enabled
tracext.codereview.* = enabled

to my trac.ini. But nothing shows up in Trac. I also added

wiki,timeline,roadmap,browser,tickets,newticket,search,peerReviewMain

to trac.ini, still nothing showing up.

I tried to add specific permissions to my user, but the code review
permissions are not available for assigning:

Trac [/opt/trac/SimManager-TeamIntegration]> permission list

User Action
------------------------------
anonymous BROWSER_VIEW
anonymous CHANGESET_VIEW
anonymous FILE_VIEW
anonymous LOG_VIEW
anonymous MILESTONE_VIEW
anonymous REPORT_SQL_VIEW
anonymous REPORT_VIEW
anonymous ROADMAP_VIEW
anonymous SEARCH_VIEW
anonymous TICKET_VIEW
anonymous TIMELINE_VIEW
anonymous WIKI_VIEW
authenticated TICKET_CREATE
authenticated TICKET_MODIFY
authenticated WIKI_CREATE
authenticated WIKI_MODIFY
gwk TRAC_ADMIN

Available actions:
BROWSER_VIEW, CHANGESET_VIEW, CONFIG_VIEW, EMAIL_VIEW, FILE_VIEW,
LOG_VIEW, MILESTONE_ADMIN, MILESTONE_CREATE, MILESTONE_DELETE,
MILESTONE_MODIFY, MILESTONE_VIEW, PERMISSION_ADMIN, PERMISSION_GRANT,
PERMISSION_REVOKE, REPORT_ADMIN, REPORT_CREATE, REPORT_DELETE,
REPORT_MODIFY, REPORT_SQL_VIEW, REPORT_VIEW, ROADMAP_ADMIN,
ROADMAP_VIEW,
SEARCH_VIEW, TICKET_ADMIN, TICKET_APPEND, TICKET_CHGPROP,
TICKET_CREATE,
TICKET_EDIT_CC, TICKET_MODIFY, TICKET_VIEW, TIMELINE_VIEW,
TRAC_ADMIN,
WIKI_ADMIN, WIKI_CREATE, WIKI_DELETE, WIKI_MODIFY, WIKI_VIEW

Trac [/opt/trac/SimManager-TeamIntegration]>

I also copied the TracCodeReview-2.0dev-py2.5.egg into my trac plugins
directory, also no effect.

How can I install the plugin properly so that it is being found? Is
the tracext.codereview.* key the correct one to add to components? It
might be helpful to document this key, I was guessing it.

Linux Ubuntu 7.10 x86_64, Python 2.5, Trac 0.11b2.

--
Regards,
Georg.

proofek

Apr 23, 2008, 9:07:59 AM4/23/08
to trac-peerreview-dev
Try:

#> sudo easy_install http://trac-hacks.org/svn/peerreviewplugin/trunk

And then in your trac.ini in [components] section add:

codereview.* = enabled

Remember to restart tracd / apache - whatever your using and after
that add correct permissions.

I hope it helps.

Seb

Georg-W. Koltermann

Apr 23, 2008, 4:19:07 PM4/23/08
to trac-peer...@googlegroups.com
After changing from mod_python to mod_fcgi it is now being picked up.
Whatever...

--
Regards,
Georg.

Sebastian Marek

Apr 23, 2008, 4:49:53 PM4/23/08

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 9:19 PM, Georg-W. Koltermann <gwk...@googlemail.com> wrote:

After changing from mod_python to mod_fcgi it is now being picked up.
Whatever...

--
Regards,
Georg.

Good to hear, but it works fine with mod_python for me. Btw. the version in the zip archive is not compatible with trac 0.11 and crashes in diff places.

Regards
--
Sebastian Marek

Georg

Apr 23, 2008, 4:58:32 PM4/23/08

2008/4/23 Sebastian Marek <pro...@gmail.com>:

Good to hear, but it works fine with mod_python for me. Btw. the version in the zip archive is not compatible with trac 0.11 and crashes in diff places.

Regards
--
Sebastian Marek

Oh, does it?  There is a 0.11 version in the zip which I was using.  So should I use trunk then?  The version in SVN at /0.8 appeared to be the same as in the zip.

--
Regards,
Georg.

Sebastian Marek

Apr 23, 2008, 5:26:22 PM4/23/08

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 9:58 PM, Georg <gwk...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Oh, does it?  There is a 0.11 version in the zip which I was using.  So should I use trunk then?  The version in SVN at /0.8 appeared to be the same as in the zip.

--
Regards,
Georg.

Yes it is named 0.11 but is still using clearsilver as template engine while trac 0.11 is currently using genshi. And they way how they interact is broken.

I've recently reorganized the svn tree so in trunk there is a 0.11 version with all required changes to make it compatible with genshi.

2.1-toddler in branches will fully support genshi and will have some of the major bug fixes in it. If you're brave feel free to pick it up.

Regards
--
Sebastian Marek