Bunch of bug fixes

TAReed

Jun 21, 2008, 9:25:23 PM6/21/08
to trac-peerreview-dev
A question on how to submit code back. I have back ported some of
your changes on the 0.11 branch back to 0.10. Specifically the code
dealing with Postgres (bug #333 and #3026) . Also I have corrected
some issues that others have had with posting comments. Just today I
also added the ability to send emails when a new review is created,
matches bug #3214 (in beta, still needs some work).

Just need to know how you want the changes given back, patch file,
checkout from SVN, etc.

Thanks,
Tim

Josh

Jun 27, 2008, 3:48:47 PM6/27/08
to trac-peerreview-dev
I would like to see how you immplemented the e-mail functionality. Can
you post it as a patch or diff here?

Timothy Reed

Jun 28, 2008, 7:54:02 AM6/28/08
to trac-peer...@googlegroups.com
Josh,
  Attached is the diff of peerReviewNew.py.  This is a rough first cut at the email functionality.  Right now it is a little specific for my sites needs.  Like, we use NIS to login to Trac so to email any one I just need to append our email domain, the email messages are tailored to our process, etc.

I added a couple of config file options under a codereview header:
- smtpserver
- email_domain

For now the email messages are embedded into the code.  I'd like to change that to be somehow configurable any suggestions?

Please review and comment!

Thank you,
Tim
--
--------
Timothy Reed

tar...@gmail.com
peerReviewNew.diff

proofek

Jun 30, 2008, 3:42:50 AM6/30/08
to trac-peerreview-dev
Hi Tim,
Thanks for that, really appreciate that! TBH I don't really have time
right now to support both 0.10 and 0.11. But i definitely can merge
that with your patches.
Please send me that new email stuff as well, I'll have a look at it.
If it is a generic solution I will definitely merge it to 0.11 as
well.

Thanks again

Seb

proofek

Jun 30, 2008, 4:08:49 AM6/30/08
to trac-peerreview-dev
Hi Tim,

On Jun 28, 12:54 pm, "Timothy Reed" <tar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Josh,
>   Attached is the diff of peerReviewNew.py.  This is a rough first cut at
> the email functionality.  Right now it is a little specific for my sites
> needs.  Like, we use NIS to login to Trac so to email any one I just need to
> append our email domain, the email messages are tailored to our process,
> etc.
>
> I added a couple of config file options under a codereview header:
> - smtpserver
> - email_domain
>
> For now the email messages are embedded into the code.  I'd like to change
> that to be somehow configurable any suggestions?
>
> Please review and comment!
>
> Thank you,
> Tim

I had a quick look at it. It's ok, for the release version it would
definitely need templating. On the other hand I'd like to re-use any
existing functionality and there is already a mechanism for sending
emails within Trac. See NotifyEmail class and TicketNotifyEmail class
as examples. It would just need extending.

I'll add it as a new feature of 2.2 version.

Thanks again Tim!

--
Seb

Timothy Reed

Jul 1, 2008, 12:49:36 PM7/1/08
to trac-peer...@googlegroups.com
OK I'll take a look at making my changes more consistent with Trac.  I should have looked into that to begin with.  Once I get those changes I'll attach a diff to this thread.

Thanks for looking over it.
Tim