Selenium GUI tests

Bhavesh Patel

May 29, 2020, 2:40:28 PM5/29/20
to Trac Development
Hello,

Sorry about mass reply to release email. I have development environment setup and ran the tests. I am thinking of writing Selenium
driven GUI tests for Trac if there is any value in it that Twill can't provide.

If Selenium tests are a good idea then, I welcome thoughts on what to test first or where to focus my efforts so that product is made better.

Thanks,
Bhavesh Patel

Ryan Ollos

May 29, 2020, 2:45:36 PM5/29/20
to trac...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your interest and offer to help.

We've switched to Selenium in our Python 3 branch. We're working out a few issues and the work should land on trunk soon.

If you are interested in improving Trac, the "bitesized" issues might be a good place to start:

I haven't reviewed the list in a while. Some of those may be incorrectly classified. If something looks interesting, it might be good to discuss on mailing list before proceeding to produce a patch.

- Ryan

Bhavesh Patel

May 30, 2020, 11:51:09 AM5/30/20
to Trac Development