Trac 1.4 release

RjOllos

May 25, 2017, 4:31:14 AM5/25/17
to Trac Development
I have been thinking about when to do the Trac 1.4 release. Modernizing plugins for Trac 1.2+ has been a lot of work, and there will be a fair amount of work to convert plugins to Jinja2. I propose that we push the Python3 compatibility to Trac 1.5.1, and release Trac 1.4 in July 2017, probably near the end of the month. We could immediately start working on Python3 compatibility for Trac 1.5.1. I don't really see this plan as delaying the Python3 work, unless someone picks that up it probably won't happen any sooner. It's more a matter of getting the changes in Trac 1.3.x to end users sooner. Let me know if you have any comments on that or plans for things you'd like to including in 1.3.x. I'll provide my list of planned major tickets for 1.3.x in the coming weeks.

- Ryan

RjOllos

Jun 9, 2017, 2:32:55 AM6/9/17
to Trac Development

On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 1:31:14 AM UTC-7, RjOllos wrote:
I have been thinking about when to do the Trac 1.4 release. Modernizing plugins for Trac 1.2+ has been a lot of work, and there will be a fair amount of work to convert plugins to Jinja2. I propose that we push the Python3 compatibility to Trac 1.5.1, and release Trac 1.4 in July 2017, probably near the end of the month. We could immediately start working on Python3 compatibility for Trac 1.5.1. I don't really see this plan as delaying the Python3 work, unless someone picks that up it probably won't happen any sooner. It's more a matter of getting the changes in Trac 1.3.x to end users sooner. Let me know if you have any comments on that or plans for things you'd like to including in 1.3.x. I'll provide my list of planned major tickets for 1.3.x in the coming weeks.

- Ryan

With 1.0.14 released, I've targeted 1.0.15 (1) for Sept 2017. If we release 1.4 in July or August of 2017, then I'm hoping that 1.0.15 will be the last release on the 1.0.x line, barring the discovery of any major defects or security issues.

Release 0.12.8 is still pending, with the aim of pulling in catalogs from Transifex. If we don't get around to that sometime this year, I think we should just decide that 0.12.7 was the last release for 0.12-stable.

- Ryan

RjOllos

Jun 9, 2017, 9:16:53 PM6/9/17
[...]

I've schedule 1.3.3 for the 15th of July and 1.4 for the 01st of August.
https://trac.edgewall.org/milestone/1.3.3
https://trac.edgewall.org/milestone/1.4

- Ryan

RjOllos

Jul 31, 2017, 2:31:16 PM7/31/17
to Trac Development

With 1.3.2 released just now, I'm targeting 1.3.3 for end of August and 1.4 shortly thereafter. Input welcome.

- Ryan

RjOllos

Aug 28, 2017, 1:40:31 PM8/28/17
to Trac Development
I'd like to release 1.3.3 this coming weekend, and start with the 1.4 release candidates shortly after. If you plan to fix any tickets not already assigned to 1.3.3 or 1.4, please start to move them to the appropriate milestone.

- Ryan