Trac release anytim soon?

Martin

Oct 5, 2022, 1:00:19 PM10/5/22
to trac...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

will there be a new stable Trac before January?
I ask, because the next Debian release (12, bookworm) is in the making.
And people ask to include Trac, again.

Trac had to be removed, because most Python 2 libraries are gone,
while Trac does not yet have a stable release based on Python 3.

No pressure intended!
If there is no release in time, it's not a big deal.
Trac can make in the next Debian release (13, trixie) two years later.

Thank in advance!

Cheers

RjOllos

Oct 5, 2022, 2:08:20 PM10/5/22
to Trac Development
Yes, for sure. Trying to find some time to make the release.

Martin

Oct 5, 2022, 6:57:15 PM10/5/22
to trac...@googlegroups.com, RjOllos
On 2022-10-05 11:08, RjOllos wrote:
> Yes, for sure. Trying to find some time to make the release.

NOW I'm getting impatient :-) Thanks for your time and the great work, btw.!

RjOllos

Dec 13, 2022, 4:37:17 PM12/13/22
to Trac Development
Sorry everyone for the long delay on Trac 1.6. I have the entire week of 12/26 off from work and I hope to work with Jun to push out the release during that week.

Ryan

jiho lee

Jan 24, 2023, 9:37:07 PM1/24/23
to trac...@googlegroups.com
The Debian Bookworm (Debian 12) soft release ends on February 12 of this year, 2023. If Trac 1.6 is not released before February 12, 2023, it seems clear that it will be included in Trixe (Debian 13) in 2026.

Many Debian users have been waiting for Trac to run on Python 3 for a long time. And if Trac 1.6 is included in Trixe (3 years later), I think it will be a bit of a disappointment.

Sorry to all of you who are working on Trac, but I hope you will hurry up with the Trac 1.6 Release.

Martin

Jan 25, 2023, 5:47:07 AM1/25/23
to trac...@googlegroups.com, jiho lee
On 2023-01-25 07:54, jiho lee wrote:
> The Debian Bookworm (Debian 12) soft release ends on February 12 of this year, 2023. If Trac 1.6 is not released before February 12, 2023, it seems clear
> that it will be included in Trixe (Debian 13) in 2026.

2023-02-12 might be too late, because the freeze affects the so-called
"testing" distribution. Packages are uploaded to "unstable" first and
only migrate to testing after five days. So we are at 2023-02-07. Debian
maintainers (volunteers, working in their spare time) also need some
days, let's assume the weekend before: 2023-02-03 more or less.

Cheers