License headers in templates

RjOllos

Mar 31, 2014, 5:23:32 PM3/31/14
to trac...@googlegroups.com
It looks like the work by psuter in #10672 will allow us to put license headers in JavaScript and CSS files without increasing the size of the content sent to the client. I'm wondering why we don't put license headers in templates though. If we use the <!--! this is a comment --> form, the content won't be rendered to the output, and therefore shouldn't affect the size of the content sent to the client?

<!--!
  Copyright (C) 2005-2014 Edgewall Software

  This software is licensed as described in the file COPYING, which
  you should have received as part of this distribution. The terms
  are also available at http://trac.edgewall.com/license.html.

  This software consists of voluntary contributions made by many
  individuals. For the exact contribution history, see the revision
  history and logs, available at http://trac.edgewall.org/.
-->

The reason I ask now is that I started a quick piece of documentation for plugins (2), and it relates to item 3 in that section.