Trac 1.6?

Martin

Aug 17, 2022, 3:45:36 AM8/17/22
to trac...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

are there any plans for a Trac 1.6 release in 2022?
No pressure, just curious :-)

TIA & Cheers

RjOllos

Aug 17, 2022, 12:15:48 PM8/17/22
to Trac Development
Yes, i think we just need to push it out. I'm hoping to find a half day to do that soon.

Dan

Aug 17, 2022, 12:30:34 PM8/17/22
to Trac Development
FWIW, I've been using trunk from a few months ago in a production environment.  After working out plugin compatibility (I ported a few plugins and found ports of some others that I was using) and creating an updated recipe for installation, things have been running pretty smoothly.  Unfortunately I don't have more time to devote to Trac-related stuff right now, as supply chain issues are causing a lot of extra/unnecessary work this year!

I'd be quite happy to see 1.6 officially released.

My thanks to Ryan and everyone else who have been working towards the release.

- Dan

RjOllos

Dec 13, 2022, 4:37:35 PM12/13/22
to Trac Development
Sorry everyone for the long delay on Trac 1.6. I have the entire week of 12/26 off from work and I hope to work with Jun to push out the release during that week.

Ryan

Martin

Jan 31, 2023, 4:43:03 AM1/31/23
to trac...@googlegroups.com, RjOllos
Sorry for coming back to this thread from August:
Any chance to get 1.6 out soon?
Ideally, before 2023-02-07, so that I can get it in the next Debian release?
Thank you!

RjOllos

Feb 8, 2023, 9:53:54 PM2/8/23
to Trac Development
Finally have some time. It's moving along and mostly done thanks to Jun. Stay tuned ...

Dan Mahn

Feb 9, 2023, 9:44:57 AM2/9/23
to trac...@googlegroups.com

> Finally have some time. It's moving along and mostly done thanks to
> Jun. Stay tuned ...

Woo Hoo!  🤩

figaro

Feb 23, 2023, 5:21:33 AM2/23/23
to Trac Development
For Trac 1.6 itself I am planning to do the following:
- testing Trac and its key plugins, submit patches
- review outstanding tickets, notably those with patches
- add translations
- add code comments
- update wiki pages

So largely stuff that does not need intricate knowledge of Trac but needs to be done anyway. The approach is to close tickets that do not need multiple review rounds or have a heavy-handed code impact.

-- figaro

Martin

Jun 17, 2023, 3:13:30 AM6/17/23
to trac...@googlegroups.com
Hi there, just curious if there is some progress on Trac 1.6?
No urgency from my side, no pressure intended :-)
Thank you!