I'm sorry I haven't written last week. I was traveling during weekend,
which is when I usually wrote reports, and then my classes started,
things got a little complicated. So this will be a simple report
summarizing both weeks.
Week of August 08th was when my classes were supposed to start again.
But there is a strike in Brazilian federal universities, so my classes
got delayed by a week. So I used that extra time to improve my GSoC
project, which still had some polishing to do. The extension API wasn't
working with "sugar", mainly. Some things weren't working the way they
were supposed to.
My mentor, t0m, helped me begin the API with sugar, and improve my tests
for overriding the default container. Also, when a custom container was
defined in the config, and it wasn't found, it just ignored silently.
Now it throws an error, like it's supposed to.
I spent some time improving the test for custom containers, and with
that, finding out where to improve the API. It's implemented now, and
simple things work nicely.
I did some backcompat, for people using internal methods we now have
I wrote a little documentation for each method, and one example for
overriding the container. It's pretty simple, needs some improving, but
Most of the methods are tested in the live app test I mentioned (the one
for the custom container), but we should get some unit tests too.
Summing up, it can be used, most current applications should work
without modification, and one could customize the components as the
initial proposal said it would. Catalyst::Plugin::ConfigLoader,
CatalystX::DynamicComponent::ModelsFromConfig, and others, are not
necessary anymore. Bread::Board fulfills their purposes in a much better
way. Current code already works replacing them.
It was a great experience. I will keep contributing to it until it gets
a stable release (a dev release should happen in few days... stable will
take some time), and hope to keep contributing to Catalyst in other
projects. Also, I hope to work in GSoC for TPF next year!