最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Abhradip

未読、
2009/06/17 18:08:072009/06/17
To: Passion4Freedom
Someone supporting them in front of you eyes? Counter them and strike
with this article :

http://climbing-the-hill.blogspot.com/2009/06/why-windows-is-not-yet-ready-for.html

P.S. A counter on people who say GNU/Linux is not ready yet for
Desktop.

fedora

未読、
2009/06/18 13:56:542009/06/18
To: tp...@googlegroups.com
Nice link. I use Linux all the time, but I still feel as a Desktop, there is
lot of things to do.

I think instead of counter strike, better will be, if we can make linux more
friendly, enriched and available to everyone. I know there are free
downloads available, but I think pirated softwares are more easily available
then Linux OS. I also think that drivers for windows are more easily
available than linux as the hardware vendor provide drivers CD for windows
OS but not for Linux OS and the user has to work hard to get the required
drivers.

I generally don’t write/comment, but as I have written, I apologize if I
hurt someone.

Sunil Datta

Abhradip

未読、
2009/06/18 16:20:122009/06/18
To: Passion4Freedom
@Sunil
> Nice link. I use Linux all the time, but I still feel as a Desktop, there is
> lot of things to do.

Agreed and hope you will help.

> I think instead of counter strike, better will be, if we can make linux more
> friendly, enriched and available to everyone.

I welcome you to collaborate on this personally with me. I am taking
up an initiative for such work and your inputs and help might be
valuable. Contact me at 9231443728

>I know there are free
> downloads available, but I think pirated softwares are more easily available
> then Linux OS.

That's because piracy is some kind of drug treatment for general
public by the non-free market. They want you to have it pirated so
that they can be more popular. Licensing fees of a single user wont
make them rich but popularity of their product will make bigger
corporate licensing of their stuffs. Also even if they are available
as pirated copies, dont you still feel that GNU/Linux is far superior
in terms of stability and reliability?

> I also think that drivers for windows are more easily
> available than linux as the hardware vendor provide drivers CD for windows
> OS but not for Linux OS and the user has to work hard to get the required
> drivers.

That has many reasons like smaller user base and evil-pact of h/w
vendors with non-free software giants. But why not use hardware that
is supported in GNU/Linux system.

> I generally don’t write/comment, but as I have written, I apologize if I
> hurt someone.

But why are you so afraid to exercise you freedom of thought. You are
posting to Passion4Freedom mailing list and you have all the right to
express your views. Your views might be questioned and can raise
debate. But that should not stop you from sharing your thoughts :)

> Sunil Datta

Only one problem with your mail. P4F members call it GNU/Linux,
because "Linux" is just a kernel and GNU system is the real operating
system which uses linux as a kernel. So from now on I request you to
use GNU/Linux instead of just "Linux". See http://www.gnu.org/gnu/why-gnu-linux.html
for more

- ADM

fedora

未読、
2009/06/20 14:35:352009/06/20
To: tp...@googlegroups.com

> @Sunil
> > Nice link. I use Linux all the time, but I still feel as a Desktop,
> > there is lot of things to do.
>
> Agreed and hope you will help.
>

> > I think instead of counter strike, better will be, if we can make
> > linux more friendly, enriched and available to everyone.
>
> I welcome you to collaborate on this personally with me. I am
> taking up an initiative for such work and your inputs and
> help might be valuable. Contact me at 9231443728

Thanks for taking my words positively. I appreciate your proposal, but
neither can I afford STD cost or my thoughts can complete in one call.

> >I know there are free
> > downloads available, but I think pirated softwares are more easily
> >available then Linux OS.
>
> That's because piracy is some kind of drug treatment for
> general public by the non-free market. They want you to have
> it pirated so that they can be more popular. Licensing fees
> of a single user wont make them rich but popularity of their
> product will make bigger corporate licensing of their stuffs.
> Also even if they are available as pirated copies, dont you
> still feel that GNU/Linux is far superior in terms of
> stability and reliability?

Thanks for giving your time to read me, but you Squeeze a wrong conclusion
from my words.

> > I also think that drivers for windows are more easily
> available than
> > linux as the hardware vendor provide drivers CD for windows
> OS but not
> > for Linux OS and the user has to work hard to get the required
> > drivers.
>
> That has many reasons like smaller user base and evil-pact of
> h/w vendors with non-free software giants. But why not use
> hardware that is supported in GNU/Linux system.

> > I generally don’t write/comment, but as I have written, I
> apologize if
> > I hurt someone.
>
> But why are you so afraid to exercise you freedom of thought.
> You are posting to Passion4Freedom mailing list and you have
> all the right to express your views. Your views might be
> questioned and can raise debate. But that should not stop you
> from sharing your thoughts :)

I read your post but didn't checked that my mail will be posted at
Passion4Freedom. I am happy that now I have at least one platform where I
can post freely. I want to know your position in Passion4Freedom
Freedom of thought, I don’t think so. Generally speaking, my opinion is that
you cannot talk on what a community dislike. You can get examples from the
History (Ha, I am not a History student).

At the end:
As you have shown your interest, I am interested to write on your personal
mail id. I expect that you will allow me to mail on your personal mail id.

Best wishes,

Sunil Datta
http://www.opensourcenuts.com

Abhradip

未読、
2009/06/20 16:12:392009/06/20
To: Passion4Freedom

> Thanks for taking my words positively. I appreciate your proposal, but
> neither can I afford STD cost or my thoughts can complete in one call.

You may use sms too to keep in touch with me.

> Thanks for giving your time to read me, but you Squeeze a wrong conclusion
> from my words.

No, basically I got your point but was trying to make you understand
why "pirated softwares" are more easily available.

> I read your post but didn't checked that my mail will be posted at
> Passion4Freedom. I am happy that now I have at least one platform where I
> can post freely.

Always welcome and we will be happier to know you better.

> I want to know your position in Passion4Freedom

Hope this link will help [1].

> Freedom of thought, I don’t think so. Generally speaking, my opinion is that
> you cannot talk on what a community dislike. You can get examples from the
> History (Ha, I am not a History student).

" This world needs more people who stand up behind the words they
speak in all avenues of life." - Bryen Yunashko,
openSUSE Board Member.

> At the end:
> As you have shown your interest, I am interested to write on your personal
> mail id. I expect that you will allow me to mail on your personal mail id.

More than welcome.

> Sunil Dattahttp://www.opensourcenuts.com

Is this your website? If yes, then I think you need to read this :
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html

[1] : http://admtech.co.cc/
全員に返信
投稿者に返信