problem with uduntu 8.10 and linux mint 6

neeraj kumar

Sep 13, 2009, 4:29:51 AM9/13/09
to tp...@googlegroups.com
i mam using linux mint 6 on hp520 laptop.now i want to make it xp-mint
dual boot system.for this purpose when i insert windows xp disk in
optical drive,it boots the cd but the screen goes blank after showing
the msg,"setup is configuring your system".i came across the same
problem with ubuntu 8.10.and some of my friends are having the same
problem,plz help me as soon as possible.Thanx

ADM

Sep 15, 2009, 12:29:45 PM9/15/09
to Passion4Freedom
Seems to be a too general problem with xp. And perhaps associating the
problem with gnu/linux dual boot is not a good idea.

Try Google with "screen blank setup is configuring your system xp" and
"screen blank setup is configuring your system xp dual boot"

I hope the following links give you some help:

[1] http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=101&threadID=231829&start=0

[2] http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic1826.html

[3] http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/51554-45-windows-setup-blank-screen