Take Our Word For It Issue 200 IS HERE!

Melanie and Mike

Jan 15, 2006, 7:49:21 PM1/15/06
to Take Our Word for It
Take Our Word For It Issue 200 (WOO!)
http://www.takeourword.com

For Mac users who have trouble with our regular homepage:
http://www.takeourword.com/indexmac.html

**Greetings**

WE ARE BACK with a new issue and everything! If you enjoy what you
read, PLEASE help us out and donate. Part of the reason we have not
been able to publish in so long is that we are so busy trying to make
ends meet that we simply did not have time for TOWFI. Well, we are
making time now, but at the expense of making those ends meet, so we
hope you'll help!

**This Week's Issue**

NOTE: The links in this newsletter are good until the next issue is
published.

In Spotlight we embrace our braces
http://www.takeourword.com/current/page1.html

In Words to the Wise we bring you the following words:

hybrid
http://www.takeourword.com/current/page2.html#hybrid

mule (animal) and mule (shoe)
http://www.takeourword.com/current/page2.html#mule

bush league
http://www.takeourword.com/current/page2.html#bush

sage (herb) and sage (wise)
http://www.takeourword.com/current/page2.html#sage

bigot
http://www.takeourword.com/current/page2.html#bigot

graveyard shift revisited
http://www.takeourword.com/current/page2.html#graveyard

In Curmudgeons' Corner Guestmudgeon Terry Berg is complaint-ing
http://www.takeourword.com/current/page3.html

In Sez You... we hear about usages; BBC's Word Hunt; butterfly; K, Z
and X; -able words; bazooka; and vegetarian
http://www.takeourword.com/current/page4.html

In Laughing Stock we bring you the 21th floor
http://www.takeourword.com/current/page5.html

**Newsletter-Only Etymology (NOE)**

We don't have a NOE, exactly, this week, but there are two etymological
discussions (SO FAR!) in our new BLOG. See the NEW STUFF section
below.

**Laughing Stock**

Please send us material for Laughing Stock. This week's winner, Susan
Perloff, will receive a $10 gift certificate to Amazon.com. Thanks,
Susan!

**Curmudgeons' Corner**

Send us your complaints and you may be the next Guestmudgeon.

**NEW STUFF**

We now offer you a Blog! Yes, we have jumped on the BLOGwagon. We
will post to it at least a few times a week, and you may join our
discussions or have discussions of your own about the current TOWFI
issue or anything else you like. Check it out at
http://www.takeourword.com/blog1.

We also have a t-shirt store, as we mentioned in the last e-mail
newsletter. Check it out, too! http://www.cafepress.com/towfi . We
make $1-2 from each t-shirt (or other) purchase. We'll you know how it
goes.

You can also access the blog and t-shirt store through the table of
contents on our home page at http://www.takeourword.com .

**Book Store**

Don't forget to check the book store:
http://www.takeourword.com/bookStore.html . We'll be adding a new book