Issue 209 IS LIVE!

Melanie and Mike

Jan 24, 2010, 10:08:47 PM1/24/10
to Take Our Word for It
Yes, enough with the gasps of surprise, we just published a new issue
of TOWFI! Check it out at http://www.takeourword.com

In this issue, we talk about "nitrogen" and related things in
Spotlight.

In Words to the Wise we delve into the origins of "sterling",
"ponder", "willy nilly", "yahoo", and "Old Bill" (nickname for the
Metropolitan Police in London).

We have a guestmudgeon who talks about "interned" vs "interred" in
Curmudgeons' Corner

In Sez You... we give you a small sampling of the letters we've
received over the last three years (!).

Finally, in Laughing Stock, Joan M. has provided us a delightfully
amusing list of quotations.

Enjoy! Next issue we will get back to the normal format of these
announcement newsletters. Meantime, if you like what you read at
TOWFI, please consider making a donation to help us keep this going!
There are Paypal donation buttons at http://www.takeourword.com.

Until next time,
Melanie and Mike
Take Our Word For it