Why does ffmpeg breaks tovid but avconv doesn't

geek255

Nov 4, 2013, 10:02:07 PM11/4/13
to tovid...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

IIf ffmpeg and avconv are compatible with each other why does tovid breaks when ffmpeg changes. is tovid more focus on using avconv than ffmpeg?

Thanks

grepper

Nov 6, 2013, 2:15:53 PM11/6/13
to tovid...@googlegroups.com

No, I have spent more time in the past dealing with ffmpeg compatibility. It may be that your version of avconv is older than the ffmpeg version you are trying to use. As well if you run avconv as "ffmpeg" you get a very old version of fffmpeg that avconv shipped for compatibility. If you are using a recent version of ffmpeg from ffmpeg.org, or a recent version of avconv, you should be using SVN:
http://tovid.wikia.com/wiki/Installing_tovid#Subversion

Please post if you still find something not working in SVN, I have not received any reports of problems but have not checked myself in a while.

cheers,
Robert (aka grepper)

geek255

Nov 9, 2013, 1:45:10 PM11/9/13
to tovid...@googlegroups.com

Thanks grepper for the reply.

Everything is OK now. I am using linux Mint 15. Tovid svn and avconv are working  in perfect harmony. :)

Thanks

grepper

Nov 10, 2013, 10:53:14 AM11/10/13
to tovid...@googlegroups.com