Is a legacy version of the great 0.31 tovid available?

Mark Grieveson

Feb 15, 2013, 10:32:08 PM2/15/13
to tovid...@googlegroups.com
Hello.  I've tried 0.34, and don't like it.  It doesn't seem to work (I can't get it to encode anything -- perpetual errors).  Version 0.31 however was fabulous!

I used to be able to use 0.31, but with the recent updates on my system (I'm using Vector Linux, which is similar to Slackware), it no longer works.  The file tovidgui states, "import wxversion  if wxversion.checkInstalled('2.6'):  wxversion.select('2.6-unicode')".  I have wxPython 2.8.11.  Previously, when it was a lower version of 2.8, I was able to get around this by changing the tovidgui file to check for "2.8" rather than "2.6", but this is no longer working.

So, is there a legacy version of 0.31 available that will work with the latest wxPython?

grepper

Feb 17, 2013, 4:11:35 AM2/17/13
to tovid...@googlegroups.com
On 15/02/13 10:32 PM, Mark Grieveson wrote:
> Hello. I've tried 0.34, and don't like it. It doesn't seem to work (I
> can't get it to encode anything -- perpetual errors). Version 0.31
> however was fabulous!

If you could post the errors that you get I could help you with that.
(verbose as possible including output, logs etc)

> I used to be able to use 0.31, but with the recent updates on my system
> (I'm using Vector Linux, which is similar to Slackware), it no longer
> works. The file /tovidgui/ states, "import wxversion if
> wxversion.checkInstalled('2.6'): wxversion.select('2.6-unicode')". I
> have wxPython 2.8.11. Previously, when it was a lower version of 2.8, I
> was able to get around this by changing the /tovidgui/ file to check for
> "2.8" rather than "2.6", but this is no longer working.
>
> So, is there a legacy version of 0.31 available that will work with the
> latest wxPython?

Not sure, its been a long, long time since I dealt with wxpython and the
legacy version, and even then not much. Its doubtful that the backends
would run properly though, on an otherwise updated system. They would
have to be patched to work with the latest option changes in imagemagick
and other backends.

Best to post output as I mentioned above, as see if we can get things
working for you.

grepper