error re: quick menu

Richard Konrad

Nov 19, 2020, 3:55:29 PM11/19/20
to tovid-users
I love this software - too bad it's not more popular.

I'm using version .35.2.  I selected "quick menu" and all was going quite well but near the end I got the following message "Menu file /tmp/todisc-work.0/animenu1-3.mpg not found. Spumux seems to have had problems".  I'm not sure what to do.  I have attached the log file.

Cheers!  Richard
todisc.log

grepper

Nov 19, 2020, 5:27:25 PM11/19/20
to tovid...@googlegroups.com
Sorry its been years since I looked at this software. Often errors are
caused by changes in command line options for backend programs. But the
log is not really giving much of a clue. You might try re-running with
-keepfiles if you didn't do that. The error line is:

[todisc]: Menu file /tmp/todisc-work.0/animenu1-3.mpg not found

so you might have a look at the saved files and see if that files is
created and not empty. Either way you could re-run the command in the
directory where the files are saved:

spumux spumux.xml < 1-3intro.mpg > animenu1-3.mpg

and see if you get better error message from the output.

cheers,
grepper

Richard Konrad

Dec 15, 2020, 2:01:32 PM12/15/20
to tovid-users
Sorry , I actually selected "switch menu" when I meant to select "quick menu".  Of course no problem at all.

Cheers  Richard

Richard Konrad

Dec 15, 2020, 2:01:32 PM12/15/20
to tovid-users
Forgot to add, I've installed all this on my Mint 9.3 machine without issue.  I'm now doing this on Bohdi linux and having problems - thought I could speed all the encoding by putting on 2 computers.

Richard