Error 30 FPS for PAL...

Kazik

May 19, 2014, 3:05:35 PM5/19/14
to tovid...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Creating DVD with PAL option (script below) creates the file animenu1-1.mpg (the file for spumux) with 30/FPS.
The value 30/FPS is for NTSC and isn't correct for PAL.
Temporary I found for PAL the solution - I changed (forced) in the todisc file the values as follow: < TV_STANDARD=ntsc > TV_STANDARD=pal < PIXEL_AR="10:11" > PIXEL_AR="59:54" < FRAME_RATE=29.970 > FRAME_RATE=25 < ff_frame_rate="30000/1001" > ff_frame_rate="25/1" < VIDSIZE=720x480 > VIDSIZE=720x576 #!/bin/bash export LANG=en_US tovid disc \ -menu-title "" \ -overwrite \ -files \ 001.mpeg \ 002.mpeg \ 003.mpeg \ 004.mpeg \ -titles \ "Title 1" \ "Title 2" \ "Title 3" \ "Title 4" \ -out ../out \ -pal \ -aspect 4:3 \ -noask \ -loop 1 \ -menu-audio-fade 3 \ -menu-length 45 \ -background background.jpg \ -bgaudio menu.wav \ -playall \ -button-style rect \ -align south \ -keepfiles \ -keep-files \ -3dthumbs \ -dvd Regards, Kazik

grepper

May 19, 2014, 5:44:32 PM5/19/14
to tovid...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kazik. Sorry for your trouble. Read on for the fix:)

On 19/05/14 03:05 PM, Kazik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Creating DVD with PAL option (script below) creates the file animenu1-1.mpg (the file for spumux) with 30/FPS.
> The value 30/FPS is for NTSC and isn't correct for PAL.
> Temporary I found for PAL the solution - I changed (forced) in the todisc file the values as follow:

Just add ff_frame_rate="25/1" in the "pal" section, so it should read:

elif [ $TV_STANDARD = "pal" ]; then
VIDSIZE="720x576"
TILE_ARRAY=("${TILE_1333[@]}")
FRAME_RATE=25
ff_frame_rate="25/1"

I'm not sure how that got removed because it used to work afaik, perhaps
a botched commit was made. If you could test it it would be great, I've
attached the diff to current svn version. Anyway, I'll commit the fix asap.

snip

> Regards,
> Kazik

all the best,
grepper
todisc.diff

grepper

May 19, 2014, 5:58:59 PM5/19/14
to tovid...@googlegroups.com
Okay, its committed to current svn. Please do test though.

all the best,
grepper

Kazik

May 20, 2014, 2:01:58 PM5/20/14
to tovid...@googlegroups.com, gre...@gmail.com
OK - solved. After applying your patch animenu is 25/FPS.

Thanks for your hard job,
Kazik

Marc Grondin

May 20, 2014, 2:15:51 PM5/20/14
to tovid...@googlegroups.com
just want to say thank you to you grepper for still supporting this great software after all these years.

Marc Grondin

grepper

May 20, 2014, 6:11:34 PM5/20/14
to tovid...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks very much. Just out of interest Kazik, why do you export
LANG ? Is it because of the printf issue? I thought r3497 commit fixed that:
http://code.google.com/p/tovid/issues/detail?id=85

But perhaps there is another reason you need en_US in your script ...

all the best,
Robert

grepper

May 20, 2014, 6:16:59 PM5/20/14
to tovid...@googlegroups.com
On 20/05/14 02:15 PM, Marc Grondin wrote:
> just want to say thank you to you grepper for still supporting this
> great software after all these years.
>
> Marc Grondin

Thanks Marc, its always nice to hear feedback like that :)
I don't really have much time to devote to it any more so I have tried
to just stay with bug fixes and staying up with ffmpeg and avconv
developments.

I would have released 0.35 a long time ago but since makemenu had been
removed in svn I had wanted to adjust todisc so it would work without
transcode, cutting down on dependencies for static menus. I just haven't
had time. Perhaps I will just release it.

all the best,
Robert

Kazik

May 21, 2014, 5:49:04 AM5/21/14

W dniu środa, 21 maja 2014 00:11:34 UTC+2 użytkownik grepper napisał:
On 20/05/14 02:01 PM, Kazik wrote:
> OK - solved. After applying your patch animenu is 25/FPS.
>
> Thanks for your hard job,
> Kazik

Great, thanks very much. Just out of interest Kazik, why do you export
LANG ?

I use Linux in the Polish language. Translation of some system messages on the Polish language is inaccurate. English system messages sometimes give more information.

Kazik

grepper

May 21, 2014, 7:39:38 AM5/21/14
to tovid...@googlegroups.com