no subtitles in video

geek255

Oct 12, 2016, 12:13:34 AM10/12/16
to tovid-users
hi

I used this command syntax to author a dvd.

tovid disc -noask -half-dvd -quality 7 -button-style rect -out dvd1 -files movie.vob  -softsubs english.srt -subtitle-lang en

I use commands like tcextract, tesseract and srttool to extract the subtitle from the dvd and make a srt file.

Long story, the dvd authoring went well. However, there is no subtitle to toggle on or off. I used VLC and kaffeine to toggle  the subtitle but it is not there.

This subtitles had worked with a few previous git versions, but doesn't work on this version. Anyway, I appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks

Here is the todisc.log

http://pastebin.com/KhuvT2EF

geek255

Oct 15, 2016, 1:39:29 AM10/15/16
to tovid-users

Hello grepper

Has the latest git tree remove the subtitles feature? I asked because I was looking at the todisc.log again and I don't see
any commands using or doing anything with the srt file? I appreciate any replies. Thanks

grepper

Oct 15, 2016, 2:24:18 AM10/15/16
to tovid...@googlegroups.com
On 15/10/16 01:39 AM, geek255 wrote:

> Hello grepper
>
> Has the latest git tree remove the subtitles feature? I asked because I
> was looking at the todisc.log again and I don't see
> any commands using or doing anything with the srt file? I appreciate any
> replies. Thanks

Sorry geek255, I've been very busy. I have tomorrow off and will get a
chance to look at this. No, I have not removed this option.

cheers,
grepper

geek255

Oct 15, 2016, 4:40:26 PM10/15/16
to tovid-users

No problem grepper. This is NOT urgent. Relax and do it went you can. Have a great day. :)

geek255

Oct 20, 2016, 6:18:00 PM10/20/16
to tovid-users
Hi grepper,

Tovid isn't broken as a though. Subtitles is working. I was using a two step process of encoding my videos to dvd mpeg format first with tovid mpg and then using tovid disc to make the final disc. Since the enc.mpg file exists already from using tovid mpg, tovid disc skips encoding the video and uses it to make the final dvd.

However, using tovid disc to do both the encoding and dvd authoring the normal way, the subtitles then  appeared in the final product.

So, I blame myself for not using tovid correctly.

grepper

Oct 20, 2016, 10:44:54 PM10/20/16
to tovid...@googlegroups.com
On 20/10/16 06:17 PM, geek255 wrote:
> Hi grepper,
>
> Tovid isn't broken as a though. Subtitles is working. I was using a two
> step process of encoding my videos to dvd mpeg format first with*tovid
> mpg* and then using*tovid disc* to make the final disc. Since the
> *enc.mpg* file exists already from using *tovid mpg,* *tovid disc* skips
> encoding the video and uses it to make the final dvd.
>
> However, using*tovid disc* to do both the encoding and dvd authoring the
> normal way, the subtitles then appeared in the final product.
>
> So, I blame myself for not using tovid correctly.

Thanks for following up. When I looked at it last night I wondered if
that was happening. Glad to know you got it working.

Robert

geek255

Oct 22, 2016, 5:46:26 PM10/22/16
to tovid-users, gre...@gmail.com