Nancy Pelosi cools Trump impeachment fever: “When and if he breaks the law, that is when something like that will come up”

Serge Pierre-Pierre

Feb 7, 2017, 8:14:11 AM2/7/17
to Echo Dhaiti, Forum Culturel, Haitian Thinktank, haiti...@ymail.com, Haiti-nation, Reseau Citadelle - Cyrus Sibert, tout-...@googlegroups.com, vin...@yahoogroupes.fr
Monday, Feb 6, 2017 12:50 PM EST

Nancy Pelosi cools Trump impeachment fever: “When and if he breaks the law, that is when something like that will come up”

Only weeks into Donald Trump's presidency, 40 percent of Americans support impeachment proceedings

Sophia Tesfaye Follow Skip to Comments
Nancy Pelosi cools Trump impeachment fever: "When and if he breaks the law, that is when something like that will come up"(Credit: AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)
Democrats in Congress are under immense pressure to resist President Donald Trump at every turn, with a historic 40 percent of Americans already clamoring for the new president to be impeached. But the top Democrat in the House, Nancy Pelosi, is ruling out the extreme measure — at least for now.
At a Monday news conference with the top Democrats on the House Financial Services Committee, the California Democrat took steps to distance the party’s leadership from the comments of a fellow Democratic congresswoman: Maxine Waters of Los Angeles. On Friday Waters had said it was her “greatest desire” to lead Trump “right into impeachment.”
On Monday, Waters clarified her comments without backing down. “I have not called for the impeachment yet,” Waters said. “He’s doing it himself.”
She further explained: “Let me just say the statement I made was a statement in response to questions and pleas that I am getting from many citizens across this country: What are we going to do?”:
How can a president, who is acting in the manner that he’s acting, whether he’s talking about the travel ban, the way that he’s talking to Muslims or whether he’s talking about his relationship to Putin and the Kremlin — and knowing that they have hacked our [Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee], DNC and knowing that he is responsible for supplying the bombs that killed innocent children and families in, um – in, um – yeah, in Aleppo.
Waters continued:
And the fact that he is wrapping his arms around Putin while Putin is continuing to advance into Crimea — I think that he is leading himself into that kind of position where folks will begin to ask, what are we going to do? And the answer is going to be, eventually, we’ve got to do something about him. We cannot continue to have a president who’s acting in this manner.  It’s dangerous to the United States of America.

HAITIAN INTERNATIONAL GROUP
"UNE PUISSANCE ÉCONOMIQUE POUR UNE HAITI MODERNE, LIBRE ET PROSPÈRE"
(www.haitianinternationalgroup.com), au service des citoyennes et des citoyens Haïtiens concernés du globe.