How update FIDElist in existing tournament

Tore Kristiansen

Sep 23, 2009, 5:17:07 AM9/23/09
to TournamentService
How do I update the FIDErating on players when the participants have
been entered in a tournament and a new FIDElist arrives before the
tournament starts?

I have updated the FIDE-ratinglist in the programme, but the players
still have the earlier rating from the Julylist. The septemberlist has
now arrived. Is there a command in the programme I haven't found that
I can use, or do I have to do it manually?

Regards,
Tore Kristiansen
Kristiansund, Norway

nd

Sep 23, 2009, 6:05:42 AM9/23/09
to TournamentService
Yes, after downloading/updating the lists, either automatically or by
clicking "Internet" - "Update FIDE ratinglist", you can update all
existing players like this:

First, (if more than one group in the tournament) select the correct
group, then select from the menu:

"Options" - "Special" - "Update group from lastest
ratinglists" (Norwegian version: "Vedlikehold" - "Spesial" -
"Oppdater...")

Tore Kristiansen

Sep 23, 2009, 7:03:08 AM9/23/09
to TournamentService
I have tried that now, but it will not change the rating in the column
for i-Elo.
When I do as told, the programme want to update both the national and
FIDE rating lists. If I click Abort, the programme doesn't do
anything. If I click OK, it checks for new versions of the rating
lists, but it doesn't update the FIDEratings.

The latestfile with the FIDE-ratinglist sep09frl.txt is in the folder
tournamentservice/fide

I have the latest version of the programme. 6.0.1.350

Tore

Tore Kristiansen

Sep 23, 2009, 9:56:29 AM9/23/09
to TournamentService
My mistake. It dit work, but when I checked the lists in the programme
I just checked a couple of our club-players, and theirs FIDE-rating
hadn't changed.
After I have checked every participants manually, it is just those
three that didn't change rating in the i-Elo column. It has probably
to do with differences in FIDE-id and NSF-id. I'll check that with the
Norges Sjakkforbund.

Thx for a great programme. :)
Tore