Uninstalling mulberry from osx

Shivanand Velmurugan

Jan 14, 2012, 6:47:55 PM1/14/12
to toura-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a simple way to uninstall everything that mulberry osx install does? I noticed that it requires removal of fink and macports (which is something I'd rather not do).

-Shiva

Matt R

Jan 17, 2012, 10:50:55 AM1/17/12
to toura-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shiva,

What do you mean "uninstall everything"? Do you mean after you've already installed it? Not really, as it requires installing rvm, ruby, homebrew, etc. It's not too difficult to remove it, but it's not really "safe" to uninstall brew. There's only a handful of core things that it installs, so if you want to get rid of it, you can just go thru the opposite of install.sh and rip everything out.

Thanks,

--
Matt

Alan Garcia

Jan 24, 2012, 10:37:53 PM1/24/12
to toura-m...@googlegroups.com
Hey Matt,
If I already have an install of brew and rvm would you still recommend using the install.sh script?

Matt Rogish

Feb 7, 2012, 5:42:58 PM2/7/12
to Toura Mulberry
Hi Alan,

Nah, you just need to create a gemset (we use 1.9.3 and 'mulberry')
then run bundle install

Thanks,

--
Matt