can I change the host to be my host machine name instead of using the loca host address in the tutorial?

saywow

Nov 6, 2013, 1:09:08 PM11/6/13
to part...@googlegroups.com
Hi there:

I am following the tutorial , however in the index.js, it does not seem to allow me to use my machine host name instead of a local host?
do I just assign framewor.ip = my hostname?
Thank you in advance

var framework = require('partial.js');
var http = require('http');

var debug = true;
console.log(framework.ip);
console.log(framework.port);
framework.run(http, debug, 8005);
console.log('http://{0}:{1}/'.format(framework.ip, framework.port));

Peter Širka

Nov 6, 2013, 1:15:36 PM11/6/13
to part...@googlegroups.com
Hi saywow,

// framework.ip === '';
// framework.port === 0;

framework.run(http, debug, [port], [ip], [options]);

// framework.ip === by [ip] == default 127.0.0.1;
// framework.port === by [port] == default 8000;

Your hostname?
No or maybe. Hostname is defined in HTTP header. If you are using reverse proxy then framework.ip does not contain a hostname.

I have keying mistake ... default IP is 127.0.0.1 not localhost

----

A few minutes I'll publish new version of partial.js. Thanks!