Hopp til første uleste melding

Sergej

ulest,
24. okt. 2018, 02:04:4524.10.2018
til total.js - web framework for node.js
Hi Peter, first of all: what a great framework!

I have a deployment question. We use flynn.io to deploy and scale microservices and I faced a persistence issue with total.js Flow.

Flynn does not really have a support for a file system storage. Means if a container is redeployed or flynn gets restarted then data on file system gets lost.

Is there a way to configure total.js Flow to save its flow data into an external persitance storage like MongoDB, MySQL oder Postgresql?

Regards
Sergej

Peter Širka

ulest,
24. okt. 2018, 02:13:2024.10.2018
til total.js - web framework for node.js
Hi Sergej,
thank you very much.

No, this is not possible. But maybe I can add a support for something similiar, but it's a bit harder. Why don't you use Total.js SuperAdmin instead of Flynn?

Sergej

ulest,
24. okt. 2018, 04:13:1024.10.2018
til total.js - web framework for node.js
Hi Peter.

Yes SuperAdmin sounds good, but unfortunately we have a well established process with flynn and therefore I hoped to get it done this way.

How and where are the the flows actually stored? In the flow folder on the file system? Would it be a solution to develop the flow local, then push it to a repo and deploy on flynn from repo? This way would sattisfy my needs.

Regards
Sergej

Peter Širka

ulest,
24. okt. 2018, 14:25:3024.10.2018
til total.js - web framework for node.js, Sergej
Flow stores data into the /yourapp/flow/ directory… Currently it can't be changed.

Would it be a solution to develop the flow local, then push it to a repo and deploy on flynn from repo?
Maybe yes, but you can’t change the Flow in production :-D … BTW: some components can use Flow repository/NoSQL embedded database and data are stored on HDD.

Thank you!

Peter Širka
Brutal Web Developer

BDFL for Node.js framework - www.totaljs.com