ssl?

shujit...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2014, 6:34:18 PM1/16/14
to tot...@googlegroups.com
is it possible to start totaljs on ssl? (https://)

Peter Širka

Jan 17, 2014, 2:56:11 AM1/17/14
to tot...@googlegroups.com, shujit...@gmail.com
It is possible but I recommend use NGINX as proxy server.
In NGINX you can define SSL certificate and your node.js app runs in classic mode. Why? It's easy and effective. NGINX you can use for secure WebSocket too.

Thanks :-)

shujit...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2014, 1:30:29 PM1/17/14
to tot...@googlegroups.com, shujit...@gmail.com
neat, I'll look into that and try, thanks

also, I suppose nginx can help serving static files right?

Peter Širka

Jan 17, 2014, 4:25:21 PM1/17/14
to tot...@googlegroups.com, shujit...@gmail.com
Yes, but for static files use total.js (because JS and CSS files are compiled).
Thanks.

shujit...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2014, 10:32:38 PM1/17/14
to tot...@googlegroups.com, shujit...@gmail.com
oh okay, that, I meant other kind of files (audio, images or zip files)

shujit...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2014, 1:57:41 AM1/18/14
to tot...@googlegroups.com, shujit...@gmail.com
I just tried that and reverse proxies with lighttpd and it's looking nice so far, it's lovely (: