Next features in Totaljs

Julien

Apr 15, 2014, 10:53:52 AM4/15/14
to tot...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Have you a roadmap for the next features in Totaljs Framework ?

Julien

Peter Širka

Apr 16, 2014, 2:28:23 AM4/16/14
to tot...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julien,
I haven't roadmap, but:

I want:

- get more stable version
- create more modules and components
- improvement framework
- improvement documentation
- create some products for total.js

:-)

Julien

Apr 22, 2014, 1:34:31 PM4/22/14
to tot...@googlegroups.com
May be more database support : Default to Postgresql, Oracle, Sql Server instead of MongoDB

e3satt...@gmail.com

May 9, 2014, 9:31:36 AM5/9/14
to tot...@googlegroups.com
I like the idea of having more officially support modules and components, but the frame work really needs a better way of using / implementing.

I hate the fact that I have to copy files around and manually install their dependencies.

I fell like CommonJS modules and NPM really solve this problem.

It would be really fantastic if I could just

npm install total-foo --save

and tell framework to use the package. And the package can define it's own models/ views/ controllers/ modules/ definitions/ etc/

and being an npm package, it can have it's own dependencies, and I don't have to worry about them.

less fuss, less mess.

Peter Širka

May 9, 2014, 1:35:54 PM5/9/14
to tot...@googlegroups.com
Hi e3satterwhite,
I'll think about it, it's good idea.

Thanks!

e3satt...@gmail.com

May 9, 2014, 8:02:07 PM5/9/14
to tot...@googlegroups.com
cool. I think if you keep going in the direction of the framework being a harness with a bunch of hooks, defaults and settings that knows how to load "apps", then the rest is up to community. The core team can build some of the key components and the community can really steer best practices, conventions, and build the packages they want.

like rather than the generator creating an the app folder with everything it, it should just create a shell project and set up the default app. Then developers can pick and choose the bits the need.

just my 2 cents. Thanks again.