Handling DataBase with partial.js and node.js

Hasan A Yousef

Nov 4, 2013, 7:51:12 AM11/4/13
to part...@googlegroups.com

Hi Peter,
I gone through some example of yours, thanks a lot for them, I'd like to ask you about database, which one you recommend, and do you have some examples that make it easy for me to understand the partial.js implementation in them, like simple todo wep app list, where insert/add, update/edit, delete, and count commands can be used and implemented.

thanks for your time.
Hasan

Hasan A Yousef

Nov 4, 2013, 8:01:59 AM11/4/13
to part...@googlegroups.com

hasan...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2013, 8:30:40 AM11/4/13
to part...@googlegroups.com
Did you used sequelize.js, is it comparable with partial.js

http://sequelizejs.com/documentation

Peter Širka

Nov 4, 2013, 12:02:29 PM11/4/13
to part...@googlegroups.com
Which database I recommend?

- For very small projects - NoSQL embedded database (http://docs.partialjs.com/Framework/#framework.database)
- RethinkDB - www.rethinkdb.com
- or classic (CouchDB or MongoDB)

I'll create next week example of TODO app and then I'll write simple tutorial.
Thanks :-)

Peter Širka

Nov 4, 2013, 12:11:00 PM11/4/13
to part...@googlegroups.com
I saw sequelizejs but nothing more. If I have more time then I'll read it more detailed.
Thank you.

Peter Širka

Nov 4, 2013, 12:13:33 PM11/4/13
to part...@googlegroups.com
Yes, very old example - I fixed the link.
Thanks for reporting.

Hasan A Yousef

Nov 6, 2013, 1:18:10 AM11/6/13
to part...@googlegroups.com
I just found this MySQL connector for node.js from MySQL.com, my first impression is it could be the best connector to use, as it is developed and maintained by MySQL team themselves, any thoughts about it